Home Health Aide - CNA
LHC - Icims
Key Largo , FL 33037
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing patients with in-home personal care aide and designated health related aide services to maintain the patient's physical and emotional well being, while following the written plan of care, Medicare/Medicaid regulations and agency policies and procedures.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Our company, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work?
Do you desire to make a difference providing quality care?
Do you want to be part of a family and not just an employee?
Flexible schedule for field clinicians
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Current CPR certification required.
Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- AL, AZ, GA, KY, MO, MI, NC, OH, SC, WV - Successful completion of a competency evaluation.
- AR: Required to meet at least one of the following: 1) at least 1 year of experience in an institutional setting (home health agency, hospital, hospice, or long-term facility) verified by a previous employer. 2) Certificate issued by the State of Arkansas for working in long term care facilities-copy must be available for review. 3) Completion of 40 hour aide training course meeting requirements of AR regs. In lieu of training course, a nursing student may qualify as a home health aide by submitting documentation from the Director of the programs or Dean of a School of Nursing that states the nursing student has demonstrated competency in providing basic nursing care in accordance with the school's curriculum.
- CA: Must be certified by the state of California as a home health aide.
- CO: Must be certified by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies within four (4) months of starting employment. Successful completion of a competency evaluation.
- FL: Successful completion of at least forty hours of training in areas required by Agency for Health Care Administration or successfully passing the home health aide competency test (created by the agency or AHCA 3110-1007).
- ID: Must be Certified Nursing Assistant and listed on Idaho CNA registry.
- IL: Must be licensed, registered or certified as a Home Health Aide or approved on the Department's Health Care Worker Registry or completion of training program approved under Long Term Care Assistants and Aides Training Programs Code or equivalency established by 1 of the following: evidence of current registration from another state, evidence of completion of a nursing arts course, successful completion of US military training program, or successful completion of a nursing program in a foreign country.
- LA: Current CNA certification or successful completion of a competency evaluation.
- MD: Must be certified by Maryland State Board of Nursing (CNA).
- MS: Successful completion of a competency evaluation and one of the following: 1) previous work experience as a nurse's aide or home health aide 2) completion of approved home health aide course.
- OK: Must be certified by Oklahoma State Department and placed on Home Health Aide Registry.
- OR: Must be certified by Oregon State Board of Nursing (CNA) and inclusion on the Oregon State Board of Nursing Aide Registry.
- PA: Required to have completed a minimum of 60 hours of classroom instruction prior to or during the first 3 months of employment.
- RI: Must hold a certificate of registration as a nursing assistant with the Rhode Island Department of Health. Successful completion of a competency evaluation.
- TN: Successful completion of a total of seventy-five (75) hours of training which include sixteen (16) hours of clinical training prior to or during the first three (3) months of employment and who is qualified to provide basic services, including simple procedures as extension of therapy services, personal care regarding nutritional needs, ambulation and exercise, and household services essential to health care at home.
- TX: Current CNA in Texas as listed on the CNA Texas Registry. No listing on the misconduct registry. No felony as listed on the criminal background check information.
- VA: Successful completion of a competency evaluation in-service training.
- WA: Must be certified by the Washington Department of Health.
- WI: Must be listed on the Wisconsin Home Health Aide Registry.
- Must be mature and able to deal effectively with the demands of a home health aide position. Able to read, write, and carry out directions promptly and accurately.