Home Care Speech Therapist-Fee For Service
Personal Touch Home Care
New York , NY 10001
Posted 10 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Home Care Speech Language Pathologist- Fee for Service
Personal Touch Home Aides of New York, Inc.-Brooklyn, NY
Personal Touch Home Care Services is a leading four star national home care agency, seeking experienced Fee for Service Speech Language Pathologist to provide care for adult and pediatric patient population in their homes in all five (5) boroughs of New York, Westchester and Long Island.
We offer competitive reimbursement and a supportive and clinically focused atmosphere. As a Speech Language Pathologist with Personal Touch, you will provide patient care, and ensure that all patients receive optimum quality care, and be an integral part of the interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates patients referred for home care services to determine appropriateness for speech therapy services.
- Establishes a home care plan including assessment of the appropriateness of the requested services.
- Assures that Agency is ready to meet the patients needs by collaborating with Agency personnel on a regular basis.
- Explains Agencys policies and services to the patient and responsible family members during initial home care assessment.
- Completes documentation accurately, and submits to agency office in a timely manner.
- Establishes and promotes an ongoing communication with Agency personnel.
- Assures customer satisfaction
- Graduate of an accredited Speech Language Pathologist school.
- Currently licensed, in good standing, to practice in New York as a Speech Language Pathologist .
- One year in home care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record preferred, but not required.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Skilled in interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills as well as critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates professional behavior, attitude and flexibility.
- Able to function independently, with minimum supervision.
Personal Touch Home Care is a National Provider of Medicare Home Care Services since 1974 with over 32 certified offices in 10 States. At Personal Touch, we strive to serve our communities to the best of our abilities by implementing the latest technologies and adhering to the best business practices.
The first word in Personal-Touch is the one we will never forget...
We are dedicated to the provision of individualized, comprehensive quality patient and family centered care in the patients place of residence.
We are dedicated to the belief that each person is a unique individual and, therefore, we need to be sensitive to his/her social, emotional, intellectual, safety and physical needs.
We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life throughout the life cycle by promoting and restoring health, alleviating suffering and caring for the sick and dying in a manner that insures dignity and respect for each person.
We are dedicated to hiring experienced and competent professionals who follow the highest standards of excellence to establish an individualized plan of care offering personal choices and decisions, respecting each individuals rights and needs for self-determination.
We are dedicated to providing a level of care that encourages the safe and cost-effective delivery of home care services, maximizing patient autonomy and coordination of community and agency resources, and alleviating unnecessary duplication of services, thereby promoting positive patient outcomes.