Quest Diagnostics Incorporated New York , NY 10007
Histotechnician II - New York, NY req14836
Schedule: Monday to Friday 1AM to 5AM
1.Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
2.Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I.
3.Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4.Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5.Ensure proper tissue processing.
6.Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
7.Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
8.Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
9.Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated
10. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
11. Perform limited special stain procedures, under general supervision.
12. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
13. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs and repeated tests.
14. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
15. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
16. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
17. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
18. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience
HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible or five years of full time experience in the last 10 years
Key Word Search: tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, Hematoxylin, Eosin, stain, coverslip, slides.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.