Quest Diagnostics Incorporated Irving , TX 75061
Histology Supv - Irving, TX - req8304
Monday night through Friday Night.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of the technical and support staff. In conjunction with the Department Manager, ensures that all departmental policies and procedures meet the standards of current state and federal regulations.
1.Coordinate and supervise the Histotechs, Lab Aides, Grossing Personnel, and other support staff.
2.Schedule and maintain adequate coverage and effective utilization of personnel.
3.Monitor and control expenses in line with department budget.
4.Assist in the preparation of the budget and recommend capital equipment needs.
5.Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and reagents commensurate with workload.
6.Provide technical instructions and training of personnel in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
7.Maintain a current procedure manual, reviewing and revising as needed.
8.Interview and select potential employees in conjunction with the Manager.
9.Write and conduct employee performance evaluations.
10. Ensure that all employees follow all company and department policies; initiate performance improvement with employees, as needed.
11. Participate in company meetings and conduct departmental meetings, when applicable.
12. Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating condition, recognize any malfunctions and troubleshoot.
13. Communicates with the Histopathology Technical Supervisor and Senior Medical Director/Laboratory Director as appropriate.
14. Maintain attendance records; approve overtime and vacation time.
15. Ensure proper time record editing.
16. Ensure the technical quality, so that the Pathologists can adequately evaluate prepared slides.
17. Ensure that all outstanding cases are reconciled.
18. Engage in client contact, as applicable.
19. Maintain appropriate Quality Assurance documentation.
20. Ensure that all employees comply with all safety regulations, including personal protective equipment.
21. Complete successfully all personnel departmental training and competency assessments.
22. Interact with medical transcription staff, as applicable
23. Facilitate and develop continuing education.
24. Perform special projects, as assigned by the department manager.
25. Provide backup for bench Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists in sectioning and staining.
26. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
27. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
28. Other duties, as assigned by manager.
BS degree in Biological/Physical sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred. Special
1.Meet all of the qualifications listed in the Minimum Qualifications for Histology Laboratory Supervisor SOP.
2.HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.