Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Help Desk Technician
Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Have you ever wanted to be part of a world class engineering firm that manages to impact critical missions, while still maintaining a culture where engineers and professionals stand out and get to show off their individual skills and expertise?
Our client is a mid-sized engineering firm with more than 45 years of experience successfully supporting a large variety of Department of Defense and other government agencies' missions, mostly involving aspects of national security.
IT Support Specialist/Help Desk
The Information Technology (IT) Information Systems Security Team establishes and maintains the classified technology infrastructure and application support services required by our analysts to deliver timely, objective and cost-effective analysis. We design, develop, and deploy hardware- and software-based solutions in close coordination with client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
As an analytic services company, our firm relies on a robust IT infrastructure to support its mission. In this role, you will provide first-class customer service remotely to a distributed workforce by addressing IT support requests and performing critical system administration functions. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to support requests for day-to-day operational maintenance, software installation, and hardware/software troubleshooting.
- Take shifts monitoring helpdesk e-mail requests, telephone calls, and ticket submissions.
- Perform system administration tasks such as managing file access/permissions, Exchange accounts, and SharePoint permissions.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Exercise independent judgment in support of desktop related work orders and inquiries.
- Independently utilize all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develop operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, and system maintenance.
- Support virus definition updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline (may substitute with comparable work experience).
- 5+ years of help desk or system administration experience.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office 2013+ programs and Microsoft Windows 8.1+ desktop operating systems.
- Relevant Industry Certification such as CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for working within a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in Active Directory including Group Policy creation and management.
- Prior experience installing software, printers, and network devices.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and SQL Server.
- Experience providing IT support services in a Microsoft Enterprise environment.
- Proven customer service skills.