Austin , TX 78754
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We're looking for a Help Desk member to join our growing technical team.
Who we are:
MyITpros is a managed services IT provider for small to medium sized companies. When it doesnt make sense for a smaller company to have a fully-staffed IT department, thats where we come in. We've been partnering with Austin businesses for more than 25 years to provide the best possible IT support. Anything from user support to an entire network refresh, we make sure our clients are always up and running.
But what sets us apart from the competition is our culture. We value the opportunity to learn and improve which is why we encourage technical certifications and even pay for them. We also cultivate a truly collaborative environment. Our technical staff is divided into teams so youre able to work together on issues and get help whenever you need it.
What you'll do:
As a Help Desk member, you'll be responsible for maintaining client satisfaction through the effective dispatch of service tickets and by providing initial help desk support. Your day-to-day activities will include answering incoming phone calls, monitoring service boards to triage tickets, and troubleshooting technical issues.
A successful candidate for this position will have a passion for all things technology and helping others. If you believe you would be a good fit for our fun, laid-back, but hard-working culture, follow the link at the bottom to submit your resume and cover letter.
- Answer 20% of telephone calls received to your team per day.
- Achieve no less than 80% of billable utilization.
- Enter service ticket time entries on the same day no less than 98% of the time.
- Meet Service Level Agreement standards on service tickets 80% of the time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly answer incoming telephone calls and triage service tickets.
- Communicate with clients as required: keep them informed of incident progress; notify them of impending changes or agreed outages; document all results.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 1 technical issues involving any of the following:
- Microsofts core business applications, Windows Server/Desktop, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint.
- Remote access solutions: Citrix, VPN, Terminal Services.
- Backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- VoIP telephone systems and other hardware and peripherals.
- Assist with onsite client support as necessary.
- Maintain or improve technical proficiency via courses, exams, certifications, etc.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT, or 2 years of relevant customer service experience.
- Interest in obtaining IT certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, or CompTIA.
- An entry-level of understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support.
- Honest, dependable and full of integrity.
- Possess a genuine desire to help others.
- Take ownership of all tasks and committed to high quality results.
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning.
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changes quickly.
- Good sense of humor has fun in pressure-filled moments.
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Typing, writing and presentations skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
To check out our selection of benefits, please visit the careers page on our website.