Heavy Maintenance Technician
Jones & Frank
Indianapolis , IN 46201
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will serve as a non-driving entry level position, trainee / ride-along helper. Capable of performing and assisting with the installation, maintenance, and repair assignments associated with fueling equipment. Will be directly supervised by a Lead Technician to gain experience, qualifications and certifications needed to obtain advancement to the next level of Heavy Maintenance Technician.
Nature & Scope of Position:
- Meet supervisor at determined time and location to assist with assignments. To meet customer expectations and response time objectives.
- Close assignments and complete paperwork as they are completed from the job site.
- Maintain company equipment in a good working standing.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of fueling / handling locations including, but not limited to:
- Fuel dispensers- Hydraulics and Electrical
- Submersible fuel pumps
- Credit card pedestals
- Removal and safe disposal of Petroleum Compacted Water from tanks and catch basins
- Hydrostatic Testing- Sumps and Spill Buckets
- Line Repairs- Including FRP, Flexible Fiberglass, Steel
- Sump Penetration Repairs- Icon Split Boot, Bravo, etc.
- Bollard Repair, Replacements, Maintenance
- Spill Bucket Replacements and Upgrades
- Demolish and finish of concrete - premixed and mixed onsite
- Install and terminate communication and electrical wiring- Direct Bury, through existing conduit, or running new EMT or Ridged conduit
- Critically Damaged Dispenser or Fueling Equipment
- Will have obtained and maintain certifications required for HM level on equipment, products, and safety practices.
- Must be a Team Player, with high standards for appearance and professionalism.
- Able to operate a 90lb jack hammer throughout the work schedule.
- Familiar with computer operations with an aptitude for learning computer skills.
- Able to work after-hours, as needed.
- Able to work in all weather conditions - significant portion of the work is done outdoors.
- Willing to travel, up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Able to be taught to safely operate industry specific tools and equipment such as, but not limited to:
- Hand Tools
- Skid Steer, pending driving ability
- Forklift, pending driving ability
- Partner Saw(s) - handheld and walk behind
- Concrete Breaker(s) - 90lb hand and equipment attached hydraulic
- Manual and Electrical Pipe Threaders- Pipe Cutters- Pipe Reamer
- Ohm Meter
- Obtain / Maintain or possess / maintain certifications in, but not limited to:
- API Safety Certified
- Confined Space
- CPR / First Aid
- Customer Oriented
- Time Oriented
- Self-Motivated Starter
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to function under time sensitive and stressful conditions
- Strives to obtain the highest quality of workmanship
Jones & Frank is the leading turnkey solution provider to the North American fueling infrastructure industry. The company distributes, installs and services fueling equipment for retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets and emergency power customers. Jones & Frank currently operates a network of 18 branch offices with over 500 employees located across the Eastern and Midwest United States. Distribution, Service, and Installation services are provided nationally, and include a network of over 350 highly skilled service and construction personnel. Jones & Frank represents the premier products in the fueling infrastructure marketplace including Gilbarco/Veeder-Root, VeriFone, OPW, Franklin Fueling and Containment Solutions.
Jones & Frank has a successful history of over 70 years in the industry and continues to grow aggressively and expand into new markets. This pattern of growth and success comes from an unwavering commitment to recruit, train, and keep the best employees in the industry. Total employees now number almost 500 and many have 25+ years of industry experience.
*Jones & Frank is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.