Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Healthcare/Construction Safety Specialist
Trinity Safety Group
Fort Wayne , IN 46801
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Trinity Safety Group is looking for a Safety Manager in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area with experience in the Healthcare and Construction industry. This position will working the construction management department for the hospital and the various general contractors to assist with compliance for EHS policies during facilities maintenance and construction activities. Policies to include but no limited to Smoke/Fire Barrier Penetration, Fire Safety Compliance, OSHA Construction Safety Standards, Infection Control and Interim Life Safety Policies.
Overall Role and Responsibilities
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction, and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standard compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction, renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Understand how to assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies, and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real life project that can be sued to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively participate in communication with the health care construction and renovation team and stakeholders.
Responsible for Compliance with Hospital Construction Safety Program . This includes the following:
- Preparation of ILSM documentation and re-evaluation with scope changes
- Verifies that drawings are prepared in accordance with the proper standards.
- Ensures proper posting at Construction sites.
- Coordination of impairments to the FA/FS System, utilities and Risk Assessment.
- Inspection of Fire Wall Penetrations above ceiling for building maintenance program (JC program) to ensure the integrity of the smoke/fire barriers is maintained at all times.
- Ensures proper documentation of ILSM for compliance.
- Design and review of dust wall and ventilation systems
- Conducts inspections and communicates findings with construction stakes holders.
- Monitors construction activities for compliance with Commissioning Plan, Interim Life Safety, Smoke/Fire Barrier Penetration, PPE requirements and other Fire Safety requirements.
- Reports unresolved non-compliance issues, relative to projects construction and maintenance activities directly to the Site Directors.
- Solves problems that arise during construction by communicating issues to appropriate staff and coordinating resolution in a timely fashion.
- Provides Coordinates Contractors Security training and Badging.
- Providers program leadership and continuous improvement plans/strategy to Construction management department
- Facilitates communication between construction and operations
Successful Candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Min. of 5 years experience for Healthcare construction projects
- CHSP Certified healthcare safety professional preferred
- Degree preferred
- CHST preferred
The job requires substantial decision making that requires agreement by project team members in a variety of disciplines. Substantial latitude for independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed is exercised. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be required in order to communicate with vendors, guests, hospital staff, management, co-workers and all other persons associated directly or indirectly with Healthcare provider.
Trinity Safety Group offers competitive wage packages and benefits that exceed the consulting industry standards:
Highly competitive salary
Company match retirement plan
Employer provided healthcare benefits
Company provided annual HSA contribution
Employer provided life insurance
Best people + Right culture. These are the driving forces behind Trinity Safety Group's strategy for success. By hiring the best people, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 16 years.