Health Unit Coordinator: Recovery Room
Memorial Healthcare System
Pembroke Pines , FL 33028
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Performs administrative/clerical duties in support of an assigned nursing area.
Greets patients and visitors. Monitors, answers, screens, and routes all telephone calls. Emergency alerts, pages, and overhead announcements as requested.
Transcribes/enters physicians' orders and nursing requests subject to the approval of a licensed nurse. Asks for clarification when necessary.
Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient records and charts.
Performs needed clerical tasks, including copying, faxing, filing, and ordering/obtaining supplies.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Requires familiarity with medical terminology.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
- Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
- Climbing ; ; ; 20.00%
- Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 60.00%
- Kneeling ; ; ; 40.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 20.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
- Reaching ; ; ; 40.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 60.00%
- Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
- Squatting ; ; ; 40.00%
- Standing ; ; ; 60.00%
- Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
- Audible Speech ; ; ; 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 60.00%
- Depth Perception ; ; ; 60.00%
- Distinguish Color ; ; ; 60.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 40.00%
- Biological Hazards
- Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 40.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 40.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 40.00%
- Dust ; ; ; 40.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 40.00%
- Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
- Computer Monitor ; ; ; 60.00%
- Domestic Animals ; ; ; 20.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 40.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 40.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
Medical and Surgical Services
Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
Memorial Cancer Institute
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
Memorial Neuroscience Institute
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
The Family Birthplace
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.