Health Unit Coordinator - LPN - Skilled Nursing: Nursing-Distinct Part-Unit
Memorial Healthcare System
Pembroke Pines , FL 33028
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Support professional nursing staff as needed by calling physicians for change in conditions, pass medications, treatments and blood draws and completing any outstanding items from the previous shift.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT SAFETY
- NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
Education equivalent experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Practical or Vocational Nursing program
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communications, decisive judgment and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: None.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Climbing 20.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 20.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Reaching 40.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Squatting 40.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
- Biological Hazards
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
- Dust 40.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
- Latex 20.00%
- Computer Monitor 60.00%
- Domestic Animals 20.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since 1989, Memorial Manor has provided safe, compassionate and personalized care in a warm and inviting setting. This 120-bed nursing home offers individualized attention and treatment to help meet each resident's needs. Seventy percent of Memorial Manor's dedicated staff have been with the facility for 10 or more years, providing superior care that includes:
Short-Term Rehabilitation Care
Long-Term Convalescent Care
Entre to Award-Winning Healthcare at Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Manor has consistently maintained its rank in the top 1 percent in patient satisfaction. In fact, it has never scored below Press Ganey's 99th percentile as one of the best possible places to receive nursing home services. US News & World Report has named Memorial Manor one of the nation's Best
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.