Health & Safety Specialist
Employbridge Search Group
York , PA 17402
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time opening for a Health & Safety Specialist in York, PA. This position offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits (that start within 30 days of employment) and annual bonus. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Design and develop company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures as well as enforcing regulatory regulations and company policies.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements. Provide technical safety and health training, support and information to all employees to ensure employees are operating in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Coordinate and administer safety training initiatives for the company to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT (if applicable) and all other regulatory requirements. Understand DOT compliance and regulations (if applicable) as well as EPA and environmental regulations (if applicable).
- Coordinate risk assessment and accident investigation activities including record keeping. Analyze risk assessments, near miss, and accident data to present to the senior management team.
- Lead health and safety meetings, present data, record actions, and maintain the progress on the actions. Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Administer mandatory environmental, health and safety training and ensure all newly hired employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees receive proper training.
- Work with the operational teams to improve the working environment, reducing the impacts to the employee from operational activities. Make recommendations on process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Conduct internal audits, work place inspections, and health & safety tours to the prescribed frequency ensuring compliance to audit standards. Work with auditors and vendors to answer findings and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance. This will include property in and around the facility. Review plans and specifications for development of new machinery, equipment or processes to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparations and responses. Serve as a member of the First Aid/CPR Responder/ERT teams.
Your Key Qualifications
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field, health and safety experience or exposure to health and safety in a fast paced warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements as it pertains to Federal, State, Provincial and local agencies.
- Experience in developing and administering health and safety programs.
- OSHA 10 Hour or Basic Knowledge of Plant Safety and Current First Aid/CPR First Responder Training a plus.
- Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required.
- Computer literate MS applications.
- Good communication skills written and verbal (procedures, presentations and training).
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel 20%
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree