Health, Safety & Environment (Hse) Specialist
Ipex Group Of Companies
Lynchburg , VA 24501
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Harco Fittings is a member of the IPEX group of companies. Our mission is to compete and grow using innovation, differentiation and extraordinary service.
Harco Fittings LLC, founded in 1966 in Lynchburg, Virginia is a producer of gasketed joint injection-molded PVC and push-on gasketed joint ductile fittings. Our Harco locations span across seven states in the US and we are looking for new individuals to come be a part of a dynamic and growing team today!
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Health, Safety & Environment Specialist. This role is based in our facility in Lynchburg, Virginia and reports to the Health, Safety & Environment Business Partner.
The HSE Specialist will coordinate the implementation and maintenance of the management systems for the health, safety & environmental program. In addition, the HSE Specialist will be responsible for proposing strategies, planning implementation, providing training and monitoring implementation progress.
The successful candidate will be on site regularly performing safety observations, assisting the location and key partners, coordinating the risk management process, supporting the development and implementation of safe work practices, and other duties to drive the safety culture within the site. This position facilitates the internal audit process to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements.Principal Responsibilities
- Own the implementation of various HSE programs, adapt them to local needs and build and deliver site specific procedures, training and work instructions.
- Drive the site specific HSE related activities and enhance engagement in HSE programs and standard processes.
- Lead gap analysis process and develop action plans.
- Ensure HSE regulatory compliance audits are conducted.
- Facilitate investigations into HSE non-conformances, accidents, environmental releases and other incidents. Ensures documentation and follow-up of recommended preventive and corrective actions.
- Report all relevant incidents to the appropriate workers compensation organisations and/or regulatory authorities and monitor the claims management process in collaboration with internal and/or external parties.
- Support and facilitate Health and Safety committee initiatives.
- Support cross-functional teams in the implementation, creation and or modification of site-specific controls, programs and implementation of tools to enhance compliance and performance. Review proposed changes to equipment, materials and work practices to identify the need for potential system modifications and make the relevant recommendation.
- Build and maintain site-specific HSE reference manuals, standards, policies, procedures, and work instructions. Develop, maintain and control distribution of site standards, reference manual and materials.
- Support internal and external environmental compliance reporting.
- Maintain summary data and facilitate reporting on environmental critical metrics.
- Maintain various HSE files, databases & programs.
- Review and update the hazardous materials program and site-specific training.
- Escalate any relevant situation to HSE BP as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or related field
- CRSP/CRST, ASP, CSP or equivalent will be considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience in Health, Safety and Environment, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including training development & delivery skills.
- Strong digital literacy and technical proficiency.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others
Harco Fittings is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicants accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com