Health Information Exchange (Hie) Manager
Trenton Health Team
Trenton , NJ 08608
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Trenton Health Team is an innovative multi-sector partnership dedicated to the health and well-being of the greater Trenton community. Central to that effort is the Trenton Health Information Exchange (HIE). Launched in January of 2014, the Trenton HIE has grown into a robust population health analytics platform that integrates clinical information from our regions healthcare providers with claims data and non-clinical data to guide and support health improvement. The Health Information Exchange (HIE) Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing our innovative and robust HIE, serving providers throughout the greater Trenton community.
The HIE Manager will:
- Provide day to day oversight and management of HIE operations and activities, including system functions, quality standards, security and compliance requirements, implementation support, utilization analysis, and assistance in planning and implementing the architecture for HIE expansion;
- Leverage HIE capabilities and resources to support our community's population health improvement strategies;
- Serve as the primary contact with the HIE technology vendor, connected institutions, providers, and user groups;
- Work closely with the THT Senior Leadership and HIE Steering Committee in developing user engagement and system expansion opportunities;
- Serve as the THT HIPAA Security Officer;
- Oversee deployment and maintenance of THTs technology infrastructure (software, hardware, network connectivity, and security needs); and
- Collaborate with HIE partners at the Regional Health Hubs in Camden, Newark, and Paterson to leverage shared HIE capabilities in support of population health improvement statewide.
- Provides day to day management of HIE operations and activities, including system audits, technical assistance, client support, training, and reporting functionality.
- Ensures strategic and project objectives are being achieved; maintains all project deliverables and responsibilities; prepares written reports as required.
- Oversees all aspects of execution, including anticipating, identifying and solving problems that could negatively affect the provision of new or existing HIE services; assures projects are completed on time and delivered with the expected value to end users/stakeholders.
- Responsible for effectively managing the HIE connectivity components including the clinical portal and the data interfaces with the various participants. Troubleshoots connectivity and interface issues and coordinates the correction of those issues in a timely manner.
- Manages and collaborates with the HIE technology vendor, serving as the primary contact.
- Project manages the onboarding of new data partners.
- Stays informed about industry trends and recommends new strategies and tactics; identifies new opportunities for innovation.
- Oversees the quality of technical service provided to/from HIE participants by external vendors, ensuring maximum system availability, performance, and responsiveness to users support requirements.
- Presents the concept and capabilities of the HIE program to regional stakeholders in a cohesive and meaningful manner; develops appropriate collateral to support this communication.
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of THT on enterprise-wide IT & HIE projects.
- Supports refinement of training materials for end users. Facilitates and leverages user groups to improve our HIE services.
- Oversees end-user training, network assessments and audits, and technical assistance (on and off site) for community based provider practices, hospitals, and other entities.
- Acts as a technical liaison to a variety of audiences and stakeholders, including users at all levels, vendors, and HIE participants.
- Develops and maintains feedback mechanisms forHIE participants and develops reporting tools.
- Facilitates theHIE Steering committee, including managing the development and implementation of its governing policies & procedures
- Drives and promotes user adoption across HIE partners and enrollment of new organizations throughout the community in the HIE.
- Maintains awareness of local, regional, and national trends and standards in HIE development. Makes recommendations for new feature development and expansion to THT Leadership and HIE Steering Committee.
- Oversees management of IT resources and all technology needs of the organization including security needs
- Serves as HIPAA Security officer for the Organization; develops appropriate policies and procedures and ensures adherence, including conducting physical and electronic audits; ensures organization is compliant with federal, state, and local law and regulation applicable to our data sharing work.
- Supports technical needs of the NJCEED, Community Screening, and Care Management programs
- Works closely with external counsel to provide guidance to programs on contracts, consents, and data-sharing relationships
Through a combination of education and experience, successful candidates will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Strength in strategic thinking, analysis and problem solving, collaboration, and a results oriented focus.
- Project management in health information technology
- Knowledge of HIT interfaces, standards, and functionality
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure and security needs
- Experience providing EMR/EHR/HIE user training and adoption assistance to a variety of clinical and non-clinical users
- Working understanding of Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Electronic Health/Medical Record (EMR/EHR) concepts and practice management/electronic health record interfaces to external systems
- Understanding of HIPAA and system security
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clinical and non-clinical professionals across all levels within an organization.
- Flexibility and adaptability in work style and schedule
- Ability to lead and support a team and the individuals who comprise it
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative with an ability to implement ideas and gain buy-in from others.
- RHIA and/or PMP certification a plus
- Understanding of the technical solutions, governance standards and policies for a HIE
- Healthcare experience in Population Health Improvement activities, and/or an Accountable Care Organization business model
- Knowledge of, or experience with, information technology services and network security
Competitive salary and benefits program.