Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Health Fitness Assistant
Helena , MT 59601
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
HealthFitness has a great opportunity for an on-call (# of hours based on demand) Health Fitness Assistant at our client site located in Helena, MT. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and assist in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline ORHealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from ARC or AHA required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.