Health And Safety Manager (Fastc)
Peregrine Integrated Management, Inc
Blackstone , VA 23824
Peregrine Integrated Management, Inc (Peregrine) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business headquartered in Sherwood, Arkansas. Founded in 2010, Peregrine delivers best in class professional development training and personnel support services to federal agencies. Peregrine strives to Empower Excellence through its workforce and within every agency it is privileged to serve.Scope of Work:
The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for partnering with site level operations teams to execute the company Safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable regulations. This individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in company processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for employees. The Health and Safety Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations teams and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Instructs and trains Operations Supervisors in company EHS policies and assist teams in incorporating safety standards at their site.
- Conducts evaluations, assessments, and inspections to identify, evaluate, control, or eliminate critical health and safety hazards in the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health, significant discomfort, or inefficiency. These include, but are not limited to, industrial hygiene monitoring, testing ventilation systems, investigating accidents, conducting ergonomic evaluations, performing respirator fit-testing and training, conducting health and safety inspections, personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments, health and safety audits, hazardous materials surveys, chemical and physical exposure assessments, and safety reviews of construction and renovation plans, specifications, and activities, and responding to indoor air quality complaints.
- Uses a variety of industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring equipment to document personal exposures and environmental conditions.
- Develops corrective actions to eliminate or minimize identified critical health and safety hazards in Department workplaces.
- Develops revised work procedures, specifies PPE and engineering controls, arranges, or conducts appropriate training, and specifies recordkeeping and documentation requirements.
- Collaborates with workplace personnel, supervisors, and facility managers to implement corrective actions and provide adequate follow-up to ensure the hazards have been adequately mitigated.
- Manages, develops, and serves as focal point for implementation of strategies and strategic visions for environmental and energy programs that include the development of performance metrics and objectives for the programs.
- Acts as program administrator for certain health and safety programs, and is responsible for the development, periodic update, and occasional intimal auditing of the programs.
- Ensures compliance with new environmental and energy laws and regulations.
- Coordinates, monitors, and reviews reports submitted to outside regulatory agencies.
- Oversees permit applications and the reviews and inspections conducted by such regulatory agencies as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as those conducted by State and local regulatory and environmental organizations at facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving chemical, bio- logical or radiological threats. Response actions may involve the use of personal protective equipment such as disposable clothing, gloves, and respirators. Utilizes appropriate sampling equipment to determine the nature of the threat.
- Identifies best practices and incorporate them into company standards to continuously improve company safety policies.
- Communicates safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate guidance and feedback to site safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strengths to current and future business needs.
- Measures site safety performance against government standards and identify a plan to address all deficiencies.
- Analyzes safety metrics and review incidents weekly and monthly to discover trends and propose action plans.
- Audits record keeping practices to ensure compliance to safety standards and local regulations.
- Audits workplace organization and associate behavior to ensure that training, auditing, and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Engages site Project Manager to drive long-term strategic actions to achieve incident reduction.
- Oversees and manages all OSHA and incident reporting.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in industrial hygiene, safety, and occupational health programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations. Government contracting a plus.
- BS/BA in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Health or other related field of study preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- Proven knowledge of industrial hygiene, safety, and occupational health concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations, which provide the capability to identify, evaluate, and control industrial hygiene, occupational health, and safety hazards.
- Must be able to apply experienced judgment and knowledge to recommend substantive program changes and identify alterative management actions or resolve critical industrial hygiene management problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare written health and safety management programs, detailed standard operating procedures, and accurate technical reports.
- Ability to develop a variety of training presentations and materials for technical subjects and deliver the training to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement department safety goals and safety program strategies based on organization goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Work requires the incumbent to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and occasionally work in uncomfortable positions. The employee may be required to lift or carry industrial hygiene sampling equipment or other supplies weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in an office setting and in a field environment where there may by occasional exposure to industrial hazards during walk-through inspections and surveys. There may be a need to use personal protective equipment, including respirators, during inspections and emergency response activities.
BenefitsPeregrine offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
Peregrine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veterans status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.