VIEW JOBS10/7/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-05T00:00SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION OPERATION ANALYST (AVIONICS PRODUCTION)
The Avionics Strategy, Operations, and Planning department at SpaceX utilizes analytics to provide business critical insight to ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution between the supply chain, operations, and engineering departments. As an Operations Analyst in the Avionics department, you will lead analysis to develop solutions to production challenges with the goal of increasing SpaceX efficiency and enable us to work toward a faster path to life on Mars! You will work closely with senior stakeholders around the business to ensure the smooth execution and implementation of your data driven solutions.
* Conduct analyses (SQL queries, PowerBI dashboards) designed to drive improvements to production operational efficiency
* Analyze and determine insights from trends and operating metrics to inform critical department strategy and targets
* Integrate with all levels of the business to understand current workflows and identify systematic gaps; help rapidly answer tactical business questions through analytical frameworks
* Develop automation that mitigates business risk and creates efficiencies within avionics operations and across functions
* Own data integrity, tool maintenance, and reporting quality for the avionics strategy, operations and planning team
* Develop and improve data inputs for demand signals, machine utilization, and general production prioritization
* Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, economics, or other technical discipline
* 2+ years of experience in reporting and analytics, including data warehousing
* 2+ years of experience within manufacturing, operations, supply chain management, or consulting role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Master's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, economics, or similar technical discipline
* SQL proficiency (for example: advanced joins, views/table distinctions, and basic query optimizations)
* Experience with creating and managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
* Proficient in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
* Proficient in Excel VBA
* Advanced understanding of database structures, query optimizations, ETL development
* Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to present to audiences as needed
* Ability to drive impact in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to dive in to data to surface insights
* Exceptional ability to communicate results/recommendations to non-technical audiences at all organizational levels
* Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
* Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Space Exploration TechnologiesHawthorneCA
VIEW JOBS10/9/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-07T00:00Job Description
Are you our next Customer Service Manager?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking for Customer Service Managers to join our growing team. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for executing the organization's member retention strategy through the successful management and monitoring of the member experience.
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and personal connections. We achieve this through innovative programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
* Are never satisfied with the status quo and embrace stretch goals.
* Develop empowered and knowledgeable teams through effective staffing strategies and performance coaching.
* Handle member, client and employee issues in a positive and constructive way.
* Embrace stretch assignments and development opportunities for self and others.
* Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
More about this role:
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for executing TSI's member retention strategy through the successful management and monitoring of the member experience. The Customer Service Manager directly reports to the General Manager (GM) and supports the other department heads by executing established operational procedures. The Customer Service Manager will also work closely and receive direction and guidance from their Business Director or Business Manager. The Customer Service Manager manages the Clean Team, Welcome Team, Babysitters and Lifeguards (if applicable). The Customer Service Manager role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of life. We build positive relationships and sustain the organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our brand.
* Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the Clubhouse Rules.
* Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
* Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
* Being available to address team member's questions and concerns.
* Ensuring that the club provides the highest level of customer service, a consistently clean club and responds to member feedback within a 24 hour period.
* Creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration, communication and alignment amongst team members.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We are connected to our members, clients and each other.
* Creating a culture that fosters hard work, camaraderie, learning and development.
* Sourcing, recruiting and onboarding qualified team members.
* Delivering relevant and effective coaching, training, feedback and performance management to team members.
* Creating robust development plans for team members who want to take on stretch assignments or progress to another role.
* Analyzing member feedback sources to determine improvements in processes and service.
* Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess and address information on member needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction.
* Responding to member requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
* Acting as the Manager on Duty as required.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the member, employee and business categories of the organization; actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both members and employees.
* Meeting and exceeding company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Partnering with the General Manager to review and analyze the club's Profit & Loss statements and other financial reports daily to ensure the club is on track to meet sales and expense goals.
* Collaborating with the General Manager to effectively manage expenses including, but not limited to, labor, supplies and equipment.
* Ensuring that the club maintains a 30% rescind rate for billing cancellations every month.
* Working in cooperation with the General Manager to manage and process all cancellations following proper retention procedures in place to retain members.
* Administering scheduling and bi-weekly payroll for direct reports and overseeing such administration by other club managers.
* Assisting the General Manager with the management of all member complaints to ensure all member concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
* Assisting the General Manager with bi-weekly payroll to ensure all missed punches are corrected and submitted on time with payroll signed off by the indicated deadline.
Required Skills and Experience
* 2-3 years of management experience in a fitness, hospitality or retail environment, sales and leadership.
* Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
* Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
* Prior experience analyzing Profit & Loss statements preferred.
* Excellent leadership and management skills.
* Excellent Training skills.
* Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system, timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the business needs of the customer and TSI.
* Ability to handle challenging member issues with patience, tact and the utmost professionalism.
* Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting (e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.
* AA or BA/ BS degree, preferred.
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports International has specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
* Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
* TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January or September.
* This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
Town Sports International Holdings IncHawthorneCA
VIEW JOBS10/16/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-14T00:00Posting Date Oct 14, 2020
Job Number 20054765
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location TownePlace Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, 14400 Aviation Boulevard, Hawthorne, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With a fun, casual and residential atmosphere including a full kitchen in every suite, TownePlace Suites are designed for the self sufficient, long stay guest who wants to settle in and connect to the local area. As a part of the TownePlace Suites team, you'll enjoy getting to know our guests and helping them enjoy a "Real Living" experience. Find Your World™ at TownePlace Suites by Marriott.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Verifies the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the Property
* Verifies that all brand standards are being maintained in each area of the property.
* Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
* Manages the operation of the all property departments.
* Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
* Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
* Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
* Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
* Manages all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, banking procedures and PAF's.
* Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
* Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
* Performs required annual Quality audit with GM and RD.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental Teams
* Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
* Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
* Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
* Assists/teaches team managers scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
* Sets clear performance expectations with the General Manager.
* Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
* Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
* Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
* Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
* Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
* Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
* Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
* Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
* Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
* Verifies that property hiring practices comply with I-9, and EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work place.
Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.