Head Of Stellar Operations
Pivotal Talent Search
Petaluma , CA 94952
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We offer a valuable menu of customized service plans that are designed to shield and protect solar PV investments from degradation and downtime. Known for our quality and reliability, we provide a highly effective approach to solar O&M management including proactive service provisions and warranty management. We use best and proven practices for highest return on investment and provide a comprehensive report with each activity. Our expert O&M team brings together all the resources required to service the full scope of work required using the most effective and efficient industry process.
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, we are looking for you.
- Oversees and manages the installation of 60+ residential solar and battery projects per month including: Battery Only, Solar only, and Solar + Battery
- Oversees Project Managers and Superintendents across multiple branches and job sites
- Meets and exceeds gross margin and net margin targets
- Achieves and maintains a 95% first pass success rate with virtually no site revisits
- Recruits, trains, and develops teams of subcontractors and in-house installers, electricians and handymen
- Establishes and implements a process to manage and motivate subcontractors in-house employees
- Regularly evaluates the performance of all employees according to established processes with a focus on inspiring and nurturing employee development
- Efficiently manages and reviews labor resources to be cost-effective and within set budgets
- Assists in the roll-out of new branches
- Work closely with CEO to support one another, share resources, and create happy customers
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- Keeps up to date on the overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- All other duties as assigned by manager
Location: California (flexible within CA)
Required Skills/Proficiencies: The Head of Operations (Operations Manager / C-10) must have the following skills:
- Must have an active C-10 License
- Electrician or equivalent experience and or Journeyman Electrician is a plus
- 3 years minimum professional management experience in residential solar and battery installation
- Must have experience managing teams installing at least 40 residential solar and battery projects per month
- First-hand experience installing residential solar systems as a lead or crew member
- Experience installing batteries (Tesla / Enphase / Generac) is highly preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of OSHA. OSHA 10 is highly preferred
- Practical and conceptual thinking as related to project descriptions and needs
- Computer skills with MS Office software with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; customer service mindset
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented, be able to interact with cross-functional teams, be organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player.
Physical Demands: The Head of Operations (Operations Manager / C-10) must have the ability
- To speak clearly and hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- To lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Mental Demands: The Head of Operations (Operations Manager / C-10) must have the ability
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To interact with customers while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA