Head Of Product
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 2 weeks ago
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. Were creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more. How We Started
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance with her pool in exchange for some pool time.
Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family.We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbors pool.
As the Head of Product Experience at Swimply, you will drive the product vision, strategy and roadmap for Swimply. Youll collaborate with a cross-functional team to create world-class user experiences that help our hosts and guests feel connected and engaged.
What youll do:
- Work with the CEO and executive leadership team to set the product vision, product strategy and roadmap for Swimply
- Serve on the executive leadership team which includes: the CEO, COO, Chief Experience Officer, VP Engineering and VP of Marketing/Growth
- Become our customers strongest advocate drive a discovery process that teaches us their key pain points and tests solutions to those pain points
- Identify our most critical product KPIs and methodically prioritize products and features to improve them
- Prioritize resources and projects to maximize our growth and create high-quality products
- Build alignment and work collaboratively with cross-functional partners (design, engineering, marketing, legal, T&S, customer and operations) to deliver intuitive and enjoyable product solutions
- Monitor the performance and measure impact of our product releases
- Evolve the product to serve the needs of existing and new customers to engender engagement, retention, loyalty and love
- Implement best in class product management and development practice
- Conduct basic research, interviews, and usability testing to understand our international teams needs and how to meet them elegantly and effectively Integrate user research, market analysis, and customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs, as well as wants.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies).
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
What youll bring to the role:
- 3+ years of traditional consumer product management experience at a consumer marketplace company
- 3+ years of experience leading product teams
- Experience working in fast-growing startups
- An entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions
- Strong user empathy and an excellent understanding of best-in-class user experiences
- World class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Strong analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills to bring a data-driven approach to product management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with distributed work environments
- Passionate about design, obsession with delightful user experiences, and ability to bridge the online and offline world
It's an excellent time to join because
- Youll work as a thought partner directly with the CEO and executive leadership team
- Youll be getting in early to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- Youll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our culture, core values, who we end up hiring, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes
- Youll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures
- Youll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools ) and is in service to our community of users
- Youll be working with founders and an executive team that have startup experience and have helped their companies achieve massive scale