Head Of People
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 3 weeks ago
Youll be the founding member of our People Ops team! In this role you'll report directly to the CEO and work with the rest of the Leadership Team to ensure Freckle is a place where team members can do their best and most rewarding work. Youll develop and oversee Freckles strategy and processes related to company culture, recruiting, retention, performance management, training, compensation, and employee benefits. Here at Freckle, talent and employee happiness are huge priorities.
As the first hire and leader of People Ops at Freckle, youll have the opportunity to define our talent and people development strategy, including:
- Creating and executing on a talent acquisition strategy
- Crafting the vision, strategy, and execution of the growing Freckle culture to ensure every employee is able to do their best work every day
- Being the lead thought partner with our VPs and Managers to build and scale teams
- Developing and overseeing a recruitment strategy that ensures we attract and hire top talent across all teams
- Defining employee development, retention and onboarding/training programs
- Working with members of the Freckle team to develop and implement company-wide DEI initiatives
- Determining compensation and managing payroll
- Designing, analyzing, and affecting change with our quarterly company-wide pulse survey
- Maintaining HR record keeping requirements and compliance
- Serving as a trusted advisor to our workforce for employee issues and career development paths
Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize their instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help! Thats why, at Freckle, were passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level thats best for them. As of today, we reach nearly 10 million students across 40% of American schools and, with your help, were excited to make an even larger impact.
Freckle is a Series A funded team of 50, and is well on its way to profitability.
The ideal candidate:
- Above all else, values empathy when supporting and interacting with team members
- Has 12+ years experience in a People Operations / HR role, with recent experience expanding and managing People Operations at a high-growth start-up a huge plus
- Likes thinking big picture and defining strategy, but also loves getting their hands dirty to make those grand ideas a reality
- Is highly organized and meticulous - nothing gets by you and you pride yourself on the work you do
- Operates as a natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with all employees
- Has experience designing and implementing DEI initiatives at an organizational level
- Is able to navigate employee relations issues discretely and ethically
- Knows the latest legal employment requirements, but if there's something you don't know or need to check, you recognize that and are always able to find out
- Has a passion for improving education for all students
- Is excited about working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Lunch + Dinner on Freckle four times a week, and team event every month
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.