Head Of Finance / CFO
Palo Alto , CA 94301
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Jerry.ai is building the first financial platform for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). We have started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store).
Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (Uber for car repair, the nations largest on-demand car repair company). We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors.
Wed love to hear from you if you are looking for:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- $300 billion market opportunity
- Exponential growth (6 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Open communication environment based on high integrity values
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, GEICO, Lending Club, SoFi, etc.
About the role:
As our Head of Finance, you will own our accounting, financial planning and forecasting across all locations and scale those functions as we grow. You will be the driver and enabler in the development of process, people and technology - ensuring financial information is readily available for management decision making, external reporting, and compliance. You'll be a key member of our leadership team.
- Own the finance function including hiring & managing internal team, and external consultants (tax, accounting, 409A, etc.)
- Design and implement corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Responsible for the internal and external financial reporting
- Manage future audits
- Work closely with our CEO & COO with financial planning and fundraising
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience (Big 4 experience strongly preferred)
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting, technical accounting and reporting
- Prior experience managing international subsidiaries strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to establish strong relationships across the company and act as the main source of accounting knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required (OK if expired)