Head Of Data Science (Remote)
Raleigh , NC 27616
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Formative is looking for an experienced Head of Data Science to lead a team at our rapidly growing organization. With access to millions of learning-related data points, and reporting directly to our c-suite, this is an opportunity to build the data science team at Formative from the ground up. You will oversee the end-to-end data and analytics across the product and revenue funnels here at Formative to drive strategic decisions across departments, and research to propel us towards achieving our goals.
- Oversee the company-wide data strategy across product and revenue, implementing strategic solutions to large-scale long-term problems
- Build data teams and integrate them into an organization
- Collaborate across teams to understand complex problems and ascertain the value of a data solution
- Work hands-on to build and provide solutions - unencumbered by the technical complexity towards accessing new data within or outside of the organization, working with industry experts and academia to use latest technologies and techniques
- Communicate and present findings in a solution- and implementation-oriented approach to the end-users of the data product across our customers and functional business leaders across product, marketing, sales and customer success
- Advanced degree in Data Science/Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience across both product usage and revenue data.
- Implemented and scaled a data platform
- Experience developing and implementing strategy, especially in a startup where priorities evolve quickly with new information
- A clear passion for learning new technology independently
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, R, or Java
- Experience building and leading teams of data science, business intelligence, and machine learning professionals
- Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate data products into action
- Fully Remote position within the US
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Generous 401k Company Match
- Company stock ownership
- One-time $300 Home Office Stipend
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
Formative, is an all in one platform that helps educators capture student responses in real-time, to provide immediate feedback and track student progress. Used by 50K+ teachers and 1M+ students every week, Formative's mission is to empower educational partners to accelerate learning by eliminating the need for summative assessments. Today, teachers from over 10,000 school districts across the US and the world have signed up for Formative, driving thousands of learning institutions to upgrade to more powerful partner status. We are on a mission to bring this transformative learning approach to more teachers and students and to contribute to a stronger education system.
At Formative, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. We aim to foster belonging and empowerment because we understand that every person brings a unique perspective & experience. Our strength is in our promise, as we are committed to cultivating a diverse environment and being an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.