Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Head Of Bioinformatics
New York , NY 10017
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Basepair develops SaaS to manage, analyze and interpret next generation sequencing (NGS) data. Scientists and physicians at Harvard Medical School, NYU, UCSD, etc. use Basepair to make breakthrough medical discoveries in cancer, AIDS, etc, and provide better medical care to patients. Founded by a scientist from Harvard Medical School, Basepair is driven by the mission to use technology to improve healthcare. Our team is analytical, fast-paced and informal.
We are looking at a technically skilled and detail oriented scientist to lead our bioinformatics effort. Your goal is to develop, validate and update best-in-class NGS pipelines. You communicate with existing and prospective users to answer questions about the pipeline, perform custom analysis and figure out strategic scientific direction for Basepair. You will be the face of Basepairs bioinformatics expertise; conduct webinars, publish content, etc. As the company grows, you will help recruit, train and manage bioinformatics scientists.
- Develop and validate best-practices pipelines for variant calling, gene expression, epigenetics, single cell RNA-Seq, etc.
- Stay up to-date with the latest bioinformatics tools for QC, alignment, variant calling, annotation, expression analysis, peak calling, etc.
- Have knowledge of public datasets and consortiums
- Perform custom bioinformatics analysis for users
- Conduct webinar, QnA, etc.
- Publish research papers, white papers, blogs
- Represent Basepair at conferences and meetings
- Recruit, train and manage the bioinformatics team
What you will need for this position
- PhD in computational biology or related field
- 5+ years of experience of building NGS pipelines
- Expertise in Python algorithm development, data visualization, ability to read and modify other peoples source code
- Proficiency in Linux, setting up servers, installing packages, bash scripting, etc.
- Design reports to help non-technical users understand their data
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage your time productively
- Excellent communication skills, including scientific writing
Additional desired qualifications
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS), docker, etc
- Proficiency in R
- Experience with CWL, WDL
- Familiarity with molecular biology and NGS library preparation techniques
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact at an early stage startup. Were a small team, working closely together to make peoples lives better! Your voice will be heard and you will have the autonomy to set your vision. We strongly encourage ongoing learning to be the best in your position. We provide a competitive salary, meaningful equity, excellent healthcare and other benefits.