Hardware Test Engineer
South Burlington , VT 05403
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join our team to help show the world what flexible manufacturing Test means. One of OnLogics differentiators is shipping computer systems however the customer wants; from the engineering perspective, that includes the hardware, custom BIOS settings, custom images, and more, leading to millions of possible permutations. Another is our commitment to testing 100% of the systems we ship. How can you automate production testing when no two products are the same? Come raise the bar with us as we do something no one else does!
On an average day, you'll...
- Engage with Design, Validation, and Applications Engineers to understand what functionality is expected from any given component and create an appropriate test plan. Then go write the needed test code and implement it in the automation framework.
- Streamline the New Product Introduction process by collaborating with the Validation Engineers to ensure tests being used in the development process are also suitable for use in production.
- Ensure adequate production test capabilities are ready in time for release of all systems.
- Deeply understand designs to evaluate tests, remedy test failures, and provide quick feedback to improve performance.
- Help meet production goals related to takt time by right-sizing test coverage, leveraging test parallelism, and advocating for shifting functional testing upstream to vendors, ODMs, and CMs.
- Embrace your responsibility to build out the tests in our brand-new automated test framework.
- Document your work.
- Give feedback to the design team so they know how to make the products we design more testable (DfM/DfT).
The team you will be joining:
- Engineering: Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team's success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include, Electrical, Mechanical, Applications, and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic
- Love of hardware. Even though youll be living in software, its all for the success of the hardware so you need to understand it and enjoy being hands-on.
- Understanding of and experience with software frameworks and scripting languages.
- Experience in a production test environment, preferred.
- Bachelors Degree or comparable experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Who we're looking for:
- Superior ability to prioritize concurrent tasks, manage your time, communicate project milestones, and execute to a plan
- A leader with a mind for continuous improvement and an eye for DfT
- Comfortable regularly sharing knowledge with a cross-functional team of people equally excited to enhance products and processes
- A detail-oriented person with an understanding of how a product will be used to ensure components come together to produce useful systems
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it's our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we've built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company's core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it's like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $100,000. We determine final compensation based on discussions with applicants and their experience in similar roles.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Contribution
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow