Hardware Specialist, Systems Operations
Durham , NC 27701
Posted 5 days ago
Who we are:
Now part of Ford Smart Mobility, a Division of Ford Motor Company TransLoc, Ride Systems and DoubleMap have combined our award-winning solutions to create the most powerful platform of intelligent transportation software solutions in the world.
Providing trusted operational expertise since 2004, we offer integrated mobility solutions to 1,200+ customers in all 50 United States and across the globe.
Work closely with a number of teams to assure precision in assembling, configuring, shipping, installing, supporting, and activating hardware. Resolving unit cellular network issues, configuring hardware devices and software and to provide support in a timely manner. diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems in the field and help our customers install applications and devices based on our product offerings.
- Installs and tests software programs on various types of hardware. Collects and analyzes testing results and communicates findings to the IT team.
- Deploys software programs on hardware locally and in the field via remote access programs
- Takes ownership and demonstrates personal accountability for the deployment process from start to finish
- Works closely with the Customer Account Managers in identifying and following up with customers requests and issues
- Seeks to understand the customers concerns and problems prior to taking actions to resolve the issue
- Builds and nurtures relationships of trust between the customer and the company through phone, email, and potentially face-to-face contact
- Accurately maintains associated data, files and records. Replies to service tickets promptly and in accordance with established guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to negotiate and cooperate with coworkers
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Willingness to persist in accuracy in projects to the point of completion
- Intermediate level knowledge of Windows/Mac platforms is required, including the Google suite of tools. Must have a strong working knowledge of Android and iOS platforms on tablets and cell phones
- Ability to diagnose basic to intermediate technical issues involving software applications and interfaces. Previous experience providing customer support is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide accurate information to customers and team members
- Demonstrate a positive attendance record and a commitment to arrive at work on time and when scheduled
- Must be willing to commit to schedule flexibility to meet customers needs including evenings and weekends
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities that may not be part of core job function listed here
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Ability to sit as a computer as well as assemble and ship hardware
We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective day one of employment. We also offer generous retirement contribution matching as well as other great perks including unlimited time off and discounts on Ford vehicle purchases for employees and family members.
TransLoc and its sister companies, DoubleMap and Ride Systems, are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to EEO for all employees and to providing our people with a harassment and discrimination free environment. All decisions at TransLoc and its sister companies, DoubleMap and Ride Systems, are based on business need, individual qualifications, and job requirements without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.