Hardware Engineer / Plano, TX / Engineering / Am784748
Plano , TX 75026
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The main function of a hardware engineer is to research, design, develop, test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. A typical hardware engineer is responsible for the manufacture and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze information to determine plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Basic knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 0-2 years experience required.