Hardware Design Engineer III
Systems Engineering Solutions Corporation
Hanover , MD 21076
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Years of Experience: 12 years
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Position Description: The Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and testing new integrated circuits and hardware components for a wide variety of signal processing applications and research.
- Designs, documents, and develops code (to include firmware) for digital signal processors or other programmable hardware devises such as Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware.
- Analyzes the function of existing integrated circuits and hardware components for the purpose of reverse engineering the hardware and firmware.
- Conducts the necessary hardware engineering and related functions to modify and adapt vendor-manufactured hardware to meet special Government needs and contingencies.
- Assist with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
- Apply ASIC or FPGA place and route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Develop and maintain documentation for the P&R design flows
- Assist with de-processing electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Design new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers P&R design challenges
- Perform with de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Integrate new P&R tools, P&R tool updates, and ASIC or FPGA design libraries into Governments computer aided design environment, documents the use of those tools and libraries, and Assist other physical designers to successfully complete their specific P&R design tasks
- Lead the designs of new products and processes and improve and maintain existing products
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced engineers
- Perform the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures and develops improved procedures
- Direct and check the work of other hardware design engineers
- Act as internal consultant providing technical guidance on most complex projects
- Oversee the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Develop novel procedures for reverse engineering of new component types
- TS/SCI FS (Preferred); TS/SCI FS Eligible Accepted
- 12 years experience as a Hardware Design Engineer in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same is required.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. 5 years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
- 10 years experience in programming in VHDL
- 8 years experience in Programming on Xilinx FPGAs (any combination of VIRTEX-II Pro, VIRTEX-4, VIRTEX-5, or VIRTEX 6)
- 5 years of experience programming on Linux platforms
- 5 years experience with Xilinix ISE, Synplify Pro, and Modeltechs Modelism
- 8 years experience with writing pin-level VHDL and clocking constraint files
- 1 year experience in programming in one or more of the following scripting languages: PERL, SH, BASH, CSH, Python
- 5 years experience using LINUX or UNIX for day-to-day activities
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off