Hardware Assembly Technician
Nanocellect Biomedical Inc.
San Diego , CA 92121
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
NanoCellect's mission is to facilitate breakthrough biomedical discoveries by making cell sorting and analysis technology more portable, affordable, and easy-to-use. We use microfluidics to make flow cytometers that enable biomedical scientists to analyze and sort cells required for drug discovery, diagnostics, and basic research.
Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of researchers, engineers and scientists as a Hardware Assembly Technician. This person must be able to understand the design functionality of biomedical equipment, perform testing with pass/fail criteria, and develop, implement and generate verification protocols and reports. This person must be a self-motivated, results-driven individual ready to expand a revolutionary platform for real time cell analysis and isolation.
- Optical alignment of complex system requiring following a rigorous procedure
- Follow and maintain system and hardware verification protocols, observe pass/fail criteria, implement verification protocols and generate verification reports
- Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA)
- Ability to statistically analyze and interpret data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Conduct system and hardware performance reviews of verification protocols and generate reports
- Identify system and hardware issues and proactively seek solutions
- Work closely with hardware & software engineers and QA team in all phases of the project including requirements definition, design, testing and qualification
- Responsible for organizing and tracking hardware components, system performance and status
- Performs other duties as assigned, including packing/unpacking of shipping containers
SPECIALIZED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Configure laser systems and optics, able to work with optical alignment procedures
- High degree of attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and inquisitive
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits
- Working knowledge of test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Experienced working within QA Process controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid mechanical assembly skills; hands on work with Mechanical and Electrical assemblies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires minimum of five (5) years of work experience in biomedical instrumentation field; may have fewer years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Associates Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired
- Experience in using electronic/pneumatic tools
- Prior experience with precision alignment techniques or lasers in general is highly desired