Guest Services Agent
Huntsville , TX 77340
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
If you are looking for the perfect place where your upbeat and positive personality would be welcome, consider becoming the front desk agent for our facility. This leadership position may be right for you if you enjoy greeting people with warmth and friendliness and are ready to help at a moment's notice. You must be willing to go the extra mile to keep our guests satisfied, and you must also be able to manage a variety of tasks at the same time. In this role, you will also meet several different types of people, who may be arriving in town or departing to a new place, which means you'll likely have several opportunities to hear interesting stories. If you're ready to take on the task of ensuring the facility runs smoothly, we'd love to hear from you.
- Welcome guests and visitors to the front lobby of the facility, record their information and choose a room or rooms for them based on their needs.
- Coordinate solutions quickly when guests experience problems in their room by working with housekeeping and/or service staff.
- Collect the guest's payment using either credit/debits cards, cash or checking account information for rooms at the end of each stay and ask for a room deposit when necessary.
- Settle the facility register at the end of each shift or day by counting the drawer, printing receipts and running financial activity reports.
- Ensure that extra services ordered by the guests, such as alcoholic drinks, entertainment and food, are properly accounted for and charged on the final bill.
- Communicate with other hotel staff, such as housekeeping or maintenance, when rooms are ready to be cleaned or repaired in preparation for a new guest.
- Keep the hotel lobby area inviting and clean by vacuuming, dusting, setting up welcome supplies and other various duties.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or an equivalent credential
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to business or tourism
- Supervisory experience or strong leadership qualities
- Two or more years of experience working in a hotel