Group Digital Director
Huntington Beach , CA 92605
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
INNOCEAN USA, one of the fastest growing Southern California full-service advertising agencies, is seeking a Group Digital Director to support the Hyundai Motor America business. The Group Digital Director will oversee the Performance Marketing Team focusing on the H.com business, In-Market media creative/strategy, and CRM.
The Performance Marketing Team should go beyond the ask of any given assignment. It should take charge of delivering what is needed for the brand. The team will be focused on thought leadership that meets business objectives and leads to brand growth.
As the head of the Performance Marketing Team, you will be focused on driving demand across all retail channels along the customer journey - in ways that help the build and grow the brand and build demand for its products.
You will collaborate with the Brand Management, Data Sciences, Media, Strategic Planning & Creative Teams to "Discover Beyond [ generating traffic ]".
As the Group Digital Director, you will provide thought leadership and direct the efforts of a cross-discipline team in executing work on behalf of our clients and their vision/business objectives. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a full-service creative agency or marketing department, creating relevant and authentic customer engagement opportunities with the main focus of driving demand through continued optimization and evolution of the clients digital presence. The ideal candidate must also have a proven track record of applying thought leadership and digital marketing guidance to train, motivate and lead a seasoned team to deliver desired results while continually maintaining the clients expectations.
Client Relationship Management & Thought Leadership
- Lead, grow and evolve the relationship between agency and client team(s)
- Drive strategic direction for clients, including support of planning in the form of:
- Program insights to drive enhancements and new solutions
- Marketing plans with specific tactics to drive client business goal
- Preparation of meeting materials to include but not limited to presentation initiation and delivery
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of your clients and the agency
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the leadership in time for the agency to proactively correct
- Initiate and evolve brand-appropriate creative executions in support of results-driven marketing
- Foster strong relationships with key senior team members as well as day-to-day client personnel
- Ensure effective communication clarity internally, and to the client, of solution and expectations for agreed-upon deliverables
- Assimilate customer and marketplace insights into the development of creative strategies and marketing solutions, leveraging offline and digital tactics
- Proactively develop and seek out best practices to enhance client solutions
Operational Knowledge & Execution
- Deep understanding of large digital initiatives including, but not limited to: website platform rebuild, SEO, emerging technologies, online marketing, online media, paid social, CRM (DM and email) and success measurements based on qualitative and quantitative data science.
- Direct the strategy, development and optimization of clients web site, in-market program, CRM efforts and cross discipline marketing tools and processes
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality of client deliverables
- Ability to lead strategic conversations with client and distill those into actionable solutions
- Ability to enable creativity within the team to drive progressive thinking
- Ensure creative direction is brand commensurate and creatively progressive
- Drive analytics insight as well as resources to inform and implement within proposed marketing strategies and programs and/or to evolve current program tactics
- Design solutions, develop program plans, and effectively deliver those internally and to the client
- Have the know how to aid the digital production team with development and administration of detailed project schedules to as needed to meet client deliverables
- Author and work with internal team(s) to deliver POVs, strategy briefs, client memos, estimates, change orders, timelines and status reports
- Prepare project status reports and hold project status meetings with internal and external team members
- Able to gain support and commitment from other departments and team members
- Motivate, grow and lead a team of 15 or more with 3 or more direct reports.
- Positive attitude: a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and resilience, a sense of urgency to obtain results, an ability to maintain a positive attitude when under pressure and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- Respect: a commitment to treat employees, clients and vendors with respect, a willingness to be respectful of others opinions and ideas and a commitment to respect the work
- Professionalism: a high level of professionalism in attitude demeanor and dress. Demonstrate maturity in handling confidential matters, a consistent businesslike demeanor and performance, common sense and good judgment and have good attendance and be punctual.
- Dependability: a reputation for doing what you say you are going to do and a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Integrity: a track record of doing the right thing for the right reason, honesty, sincerity, earning the trust of clients and employees and maintaining strict standards of confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality: proof all work for accuracy, demand for excellence in all forms of communication, always looking after the smallest detail.
- Creativity: a reputation for innovative thinking, working with an entrepreneurial spirit, not only in the visual aspects of our work, but in all areas of our business.
- Must have advertising agency and automotive client experience.
- Must have senior to executive-level experience directing the strategy, development and optimization of a major brand web site and marketing tools.
- Must have managed an interactive account for all .com, in-market (online media), and CRM activities, as well as online marketing initiatives and integrated campaigns.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle for digital projects, from business analysis to project launch and ongoing support and maintenance
- Proven experience directing rich immersive, award-winning experiences that utilize the latest technologies (i.e. WebGL, VR, AR, AI, etc.)
- Strong client management skills, able to defuse tense situations and gain immediate confidence from the client, all while motivating the internal agency team and selected vendors to continue to push towards objectives established with optimal enthusiasm and dedication.
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment.
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity.
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency.
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays.
- Full-time Barista on-site.
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums.
- Generous PTO.