Group Copy Supervisor- Mccann Health NJ
Worldgroup Careers MWT
Parsippany , nj 07054
Posted 10 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
McCann Health New Jersey (formerly McCann Torre Lazur) is a 200-person healthcare/pharmaceutical advertising agency located in Parsippany, New Jersey (about an hour outside of NYC). For 4 decades, MHNJ has unflinchingly taken on new challenges and been rewarded with wins we celebrate together. Anyone can create but we dare to create amazing.
Were built on a foundation of risk takers and game changers courageous creators of truly amazing things. Our leaders pave the way by embodying and instilling our core values:
- IDEAS WORTH FIGHTING FOR: The creation of the undeniably brilliant idea is what we fight for and why we are here.
- WE VS. I: We are creative and brilliant as individuals, but unbeatable united as one.
- WINNING SPIRIT: We love to solve problems, we never give up, we live to succeed (and have fun doing it!).
We create amazing, and treating people amazing is at the center of what we do. A free on-site, state-of-the-art fitness center, free shuttle from Morristown Station, and additional time off (including volunteer and summer days) are just some of the ways MHNJ, a 2019 Ad Age Best Place to Work, commits to the culture of amazing. See our Beyond Benefits listed below for other perks we offer to make us a premiere destination for the industrys top-notch talent.
MHNJ is fortunate to be a part of McCann Health, one of the largest global networks in the industry. This connection allows us to focus on smart creativity while providing access to a breadth of innovative resources. McCann Health is a part of McCann Worldgroup and the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
The Group Copy Supervisor manages a sizable amount of business that includes multiple brands and copywriters. While remaining hands-on, The Group Copy Supervisor is responsible for ideating on new campaigns and innovative tactics, overseeing creative execution, and managing budgets and project timelines. The Group Copy Supervisor is able to trouble-shoot and find strategic solutions to project and brand challenges. He or she contributes high-level content and ideas but can also execute day-to-day tasks as needed. The Group Copy Supervisor partners closely with account, copy, digital, and strategy team members to present integrated creative solutions that ensure the integrity of the creative work is maintained.
- Manage day-to-day projects from a copy perspective
- Demonstrate an understanding of assigned brand(s) strategically, scientifically and creatively
- Be seen by team members as a champion of the creative and provide significant support to the ACD/CD
- Serve as data expert for assigned brand(s)
- Answer any and all creative questions from internal or external team members regarding assigned brand(s)
- Contribute bold, strategic, and persuasive ideas while executing quality creative work for broad range of clients
- Find creative, impactful, and scientifically accurate ways to communicate data and messages to solve client requests
- Help develop innovative solutions to solve brand and market challenges
- Participate in new business pitches and other agency initiatives
- Demonstrate negotiating skills
- Gain trust of client and play a leadership role in key conversations and advise clients both creatively and strategically
- Evaluate creative work of direct reports and provide feedback to up-level work of direct reports
- Help advance direct reports professional development through performance reviews and professional development plans
- Actively work to resolve communication conflicts among team members, as needed
- Be aware of financial aspects of delivering creative deliverables and assist in managing budgets
- Stay up to date on creative, technology and industry trends and leverage this knowledge on behalf of assigned team and brand(s)
- Completed Bachelors Degree in Advertising or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of copywriting experience
- Minimum 3 years pharmaceutical copywriting experience, pharma ad agency experienced required
- Able to work in a collaborative team working environment
- High degree of autonomy while still keeping senior-level creative team informed of pertinent changes and needs
- Confident presenting creative work to clients
- Participation and support in agency pitches is required
- Solid written and oral presentation skills
- Previous mentorship or supervisory experience required
- Must be proactive in researching new data and studies and expanding knowledge of industry trends
- Complete timesheet accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to travel to attend client meetings, workshops and market research
- Free on-site, state-of-the-art fitness center
- Free shuttle from Morristown Station
- Yearly humanitarian trip competition
- On-site massage therapist
- Volunteer time off
- Work from anywhere days
- 4 summer days off
- Daily fresh fruit, customized healthy beverage dispenser, bagel Fridays, Nespresso
- Degreed education portal
- And many more