Grooming Assistant- Hurstbourne Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Louisville , KY 40201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our groomer assistant deliver high-quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused in both grooming and bathing dogs and cats. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers
- Perform grooming services per client instructions
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing
- Ability to receive feedback from clients
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least 2 years of pet grooming experience required.
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts
- Experience with Avimark software is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- 2-3 years experience as a professional groomer
- References required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!