Washington , DC 20001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Arcadia Power is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the utility industry. At Arcadia Power, were guided by a common purpose: We believe in a future that is powered by 100% renewable energy. Our team is building the utility of the future - one that breaks down the barriers to clean energy access and puts customers first. Arcadia Power users all over the country choose clean energy, save with solar power, lower their utility bills and track their impact every day. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Brand team. The ideal candidate is motivated and passionate about creating compelling and thoughtful designs for multiple visual mediums. You will take on projects that span marketing, advertising, social media, people operations, customer experience, video, website design and more. Come play an important role at a high-growth tech company expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country. Please include your portfolio with your application.
Arcadia Power is based in downtown Washington D.C. Candidates living outside of the DC-metro area who prefer to work remotely will be considered, however, regular travel to Arcadia Powers DC office will be expected.Responsibilities:
- Develop a wide-range of design projects such as: website landing pages, digital advertisements, infographics, marketing partner collateral, emails, videos, presentation visuals, web banners, mailers, wireframes, and more.
- Collaborate with the Brand Director, Product Designers and Marketing team to ensure consistency of brand throughout all design touch points within a customers journey.
- Provide expert design guidance and stay up to date on design and branding trends and offer new ideas for improvements.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time, and communicate expectations and deadlines.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative work environment and use resources effectively to minimize turnaround time without compromising quality
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years design experience working for a consumer brand in-house or in an agency setting
- Proven experience using a design approach based on deep research
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint on a Mac platform.
- Strong creative portfolio that must include data visualization and demonstrated use of varied typography, color-theory, grid-based design, and white space
- Experience with and affinity for agile and fast-paced work environments.
- Experience leading the creation of compelling on-brand ideas and designs to convey simplicity around complex industry products.
- Organized, focused, and detail- and deadline-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with digital imaging using Sketch
- Experience designing web pages to follow a standard grid system
- Understanding of CSS and responsive HTML design constraints, with ability to create designs that accommodate those challenges
- Ability to create design mockups for common user interface elements such as web forms, video players, and user comment areas Knowledge of best practices and design guidelines for HTML email design.
- Experience creating HTML/CSS prototypes
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- Weekly all-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to disrupt the energy sector
Arcadia Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.