Government Affairs And Public Policy Manager
Fremont , CA 94536
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Pony.ai is a leading global autonomous vehicles company. We are looking for a highly motivated Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
As Pony.ais first dedicated U.S. Government Affairs and Public Policy hire, you will help develop our strategies for engaging federal, state, and local legislators, regulators, municipalities, law enforcement, and other relevant third-parties and industry groups. You will be on the front lines of the cutting-edge policy and regulatory issues created by our technologys transformative impact on mobility. You will collaborate across Pony.ai engineering, business development, public relations, and operations teams to effectively represent the company and its technology externally. This role reports to our U.S. Head of Legal.
- Collaborate with various Pony.ai stakeholders to provide advice regarding our U.S. government affairs and policy strategy and manage Pony.ais related engagement with external parties.
- In coordination with counsel, be the Companys expert on applicable regulations.
- Assist and manage the drafting and filing of any reports or applications necessary or required by relevant regulatory authorities and laws.
- Build and maintain our government affairs and public policy files, including drafting strategy and meeting summary memorandums and maintaining any required compliance files.
- Monitor relevant developing legislation and regulation. Identify and understand key technical aspects of proposed regulations and business implications. Synthesize policy documents for internal and external stakeholders. Advise on and participate in comment processes on behalf of the Company.
- Manage all day-to-day workflow with respect to Pony.ais government affairs and public policy matters.
- Manage external resources, as appropriate.
- 2-6 years of relevant experience within state or federal government, think tanks, relevant industry associations, or with the government affairs or legal departments of technology or automotive companies.
- Understanding of state legislative processes and regulatory regimes, the mechanics of policy development, and government relations including effective lobbying strategies.
- Top notch integrity and judgment.
- Passion for autonomous vehicle technology, ability to understand highly technical concepts, and experience working with talented engineering teams.
- Ability to build positive relationships across the Company and with our partners.
- Outstanding ability to clearly communicate, in writing and verbally, complex points to a wide array of audiences.
- Organized, collaborative, and self-motivated. Ability to adapt and roll your sleeves up in ambiguous and novel situations.
Pony.ai, Inc. (Pony.ai) is pursuing an ambitious vision for autonomous mobility. We aim to bring safe, sustainable, and accessible mobility to the entire world. We believe that autonomous technology can make our roads exponentially safer for travelers. Founded in late 2016, Pony.ai has been a pioneer in autonomous mobility technologies and services across the U.S. and China, spearheading public-facing Robotaxi pilots in both markets. The company is currently valued at $5.3B and some of its major investors include Toyota, OTPP, Sequoia Capital China, and IDG Capital.