Governance And Support Coordinator
Community Action Partnership Of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Saint Paul , MN 55104
Posted 2 weeks ago
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start, this position provides varied, complex, high level, confidential administrative support to the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start. Key administrative processes include, but are not limited to, Policy Council meetings, coordination of administrative duties within the Head Start program, tracking of professional development activities, and over site of volunteer policies and procedures within the Head Start program including in-kind documentation. This position is responsible for the coordination of program activities and the timely flow of information to and from the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start. This position is privy to information that is confidential and critical in nature and therefore, requires diplomacy and discretion. This position must function efficiently, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced professional environment.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Serve as a liaison between the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start, and internal and external groups; disseminate information requiring judgment and knowledge; screen telephone calls and visitors, proactively understanding who they are, determining priority and keeping track of communication.
- Coordinate correspondence and room arrangements for group meetings on behalf of the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start; prepare and transmit agendas and meeting information packets.
- Compose well-written, grammatically correct correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and other documents and create professional presentations for meetings.
- Proofread and edit critical written communication, including grant narratives, emails, letters, and other forms of communication, to Head Start staff and stakeholders, which may include Policy Council, Board of Directors, partners, and Head Start Regional Office.
- Coordinate Policy Council meetings and handle logistics, including the preparation, maintenance, and distribution of meeting notices/flyers, agendas, minutes, handouts, grant summaries, Policy Council monthly information packets, and other related materials. Track and monitor the progress of open action items.
- Coordinate the navigation of contracts, requests for proposals, grants, and other applicable documents through the appropriate agency approval process.
- Act as a liaison between the agency Volunteer Coordinator and the Head Start program to ensure all Head Start Performance Standards related to volunteers are met.
- This position is responsible for recruitment, hiring, training, performance management and discipline of the Administrative Assistant I in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and agency policies/procedures.
- Provide secondary supervision of administrative staff within the Head Start department (Enrollment Assistant and Administrative Assistant-Health Services) in order to delegate administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, entering training attendance information, entering volunteer hours, scheduling training, etc.
- Participate in planning and coordination of special projects to include scheduling meetings, developing project teams, providing meeting minutes, providing project documents, selection of outside vendors or working with consultants.
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience in an administrative role or one with similar duties.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Professional demeanor and ability to defuse emotional situations in a calm manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills and judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, constituents and varied socio-economic and multi-ethnic groups and/or individuals.
Department: Head Start
Salary Range: $45,469-$56,805
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 Hrs/Week
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 10/5/2020-10/16/2020
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.