Golf Course Maintenance Worker II
YO1 Wellness Center
Monticello , NY 12701
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking to hire a Maintenance Worker II.This role is based in Monticello, New York, within Sullivan County, two hours from Manhattan and a short drive from Middletown, Port Jervis and Milford.
Our 18-hole Golf Course first opened for play in 1907, and was redesigned in 1958 by William F. Mitchell, ASGCA. The course was built on rolling hills, is well-bunkered, and all the greens and tee boxes are elevated. In addition, water hazards come into play on six holes.Par for the course is 71. From the back tees the course plays to 6843 yards. From the forward tees the course measures 5676 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 6, a par-5 that plays to 550 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 3, a par-3 that plays to 173 yards from the back tees. Under new ownership, we are seeking to redevelop this highly touted course back to its former glory.
Under general supervision, this is the journey-level class in the Golf Course Maintenance Worker series. Incumbents assigned to this class are expected to perform the full range of work assigned, operate large scale mowing equipment and/or work with independence and initiative.
- Mowing the turf in a described manner (greens, tees, fairways, rough, and trimming)
- Assisting the Irrigation Technician when needed (hand watering, hole digging)
- Working early morning start times, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Pulling weeds in the landscape around the clubhouse and around the course
- Pick up trash on the course and in the native areas surrounding the golf course
- Maintaining sand bunkers (edging, cleaning and raking)
- Assisting in construction projects (landscape, shelters, new tees, signs, and fence)
- Assisting staff with fertilizing the course
- Assisting with aeration of greens, tees and fairways
- Janitorial work, cleaning course out houses, cleaning shop and office area and around the clubhouse.
- Assist Mechanic as needed, lifting holding and providing additional hand to perform task.
- Assisting the pro shop staff with set up
- May need to drive a company vehicle to and from other departments
- Other duties may be assigned.
- GED Required.
- 2 years of previous experience operating large scale mowing equipment in a golf course or landscape operation required
- The ideal candidate with possess a do what it takes to get the job done mentality.
- Communicate with a two-way radio system.
- Have a valid drivers license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor. May be required to work in an environment that includes such activities as bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and grasping for up to 5 hours without sitting. May need to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally and up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred
- Must possess valid authorization to work in the in the United States