Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Washington , DC 20005
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cordia Partners & Resources is a locally owned Finance and Accounting Executive Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by former Chief Financial Officers, Accounting Firm Partners and Recruiting Industry Experts. With three local offices (Washington, DC; Vienna, VA and Rockville, MD) we are effectively positioned to support any size or location of local client. We support the growth of your organization through effective delivery of high quality, cost-effective accounting, business advisory, and recruiting partnerships.
Global ControllerDynamic, international technology/software client is recruiting for a Global Controller professional to run a growing team of professionals and oversee most of the corporate accounting and finance function. This position is of high exposure and will oversee various aspects of corporate accounting, internal controls, operational finance, revenue accounting among others. This is a major leadership role within the company and will report into the CFO.
The Controller executes the global accounting and finance policies and procedures and is looked to as the top accounting resource in the company. In carrying out this responsibility, the Controller is responsible for managing the accounting operations, SEC reporting, external audit coordination, SOX 404 compliance, internal control, tax, review of revenue recognition, financial systems, and statutory reporting. Will manage a team of accounting and finance professionals worldwide.
- Responsible for the day-to-day worldwide accounting operations, ensuring consistent global compliance with the companys policies and procedures, timely recording of accounting transactions, proper maintenance of subsidiary ledgers, supporting schedules, and reconciliations, and managing the monthly close and worldwide consolidation
- Serve as an authorized signer of revenue and vendor contracts, as well as checks and wire transfers for multiple subsidiaries worldwide.
- Provide an additional layer of review and sign-off for worldwide revenue recognition and tax accounting
- Responsible for being the in-house technical accounting resource for the company with particular emphasis on SEC reporting, consolidation principles, foreign currency accounting, financial statement and footnote preparation, capitalized software development costs, stock option accounting and reporting, and all other areas of technical accounting that do or may impact the Company
- Perform a second review on certain software license deals and participate in discussions of technical tax accounting issues
- Responsible for driving consistent global systems and business process standards, working with the appropriate IS team members to further develop, maintain, and support worldwide accounting systems
- Responsible for managing the timely and accurate completion of worldwide quarterly and annual close in accordance with local country accounting standards and US GAAP, providing all needed information to support the quarterly review and annual audit by the company's external auditors, providing support for the quarterly press release, and ensure completion of the quarterly SEC form 10-Q and year-end annual report on Form 10-K
- Responsible for drafting managements quarterly report to the Audit Committee, providing an executive summary of key accounting issues impacting each reporting period, and working with the HQ Internal Audit team and external auditors to meet all audit requirements
- Responsible for the update of Global Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual, ensuring the identification of and compliance with key controls pursuant to the companys SOX 404 compliance process and procedures
- Work closely with Internal Audit team and external auditors in coordinating all work required pursuant to SOX 404 and other SOX rules and regulations
- Expected to be fully aware of all company policies, procedures, incident reporting, and incident escalation procedures. Any issues of fraud, whether or not material, are expected to be reported within 24 hours through appropriate channels with simultaneous notification to the CFO and Director of Internal Audit
- Provide financial statement and controls representations and certifications as required by the company and serve as the primary enforcer of company accounting policies and procedures
- CPA required
- Public/big-4 audit training/skills required
- 15+ years of accounting leadership within larger, publicly traded company - to include SEC reporting and revenue recognition oversight
- International experience highly preferred
- Technology or software experience highly preferred
- Dynamic leader with presence, confidence, team skills and exceptional management skills