Xceed Staffing is looking for a GL Accountant for a TEMPORARY project with a manufacturing company in Sunnyvale. This role will work closely with international Cost & GL Accounting team. Interested candidates please email your resume to email@example.com Responsibilities:
Perform accounting month end/quarter end/year-end close
Conduct account reconciliations & flux analysis to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
Prepare accurate financial statements and timely submittal to the parent company
Prepare financial results in a PowerPoint presentation for executive team in US
Review and analyze revenue and related costs.
Review variance analysis for PPV, Quantity, and Standard Cost revaluation
Analyze period costs and departmental expenses
Assist external audits
Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned
Prior cost accounting experience is plus
Bachelors Degree in Accounting required
5+ years experience in general accounting with cost accounting exposure
VIEW JOBS12/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-12T00:00Company Overview
At Proofpoint, we're a team of superheroes protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We scout the best people in the business to:
* Build and enhance our proven security platform
* Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
* Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
* Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
It is our sole mission to help our allies protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Become a Superhero-In-Training
As an intern on the Revenue team, you will get hands on and real-world experience in performing day-to-day revenue duties and month end related tasks such as:
* Assist in day-to-day Accounts Receivable and Revenue-related activities including order to cash and revenue recognition
* Review daily AR and revenue transactions and monthly reconciliation schedules
* Identify gaps in accounting processes and plan and execute fixes
* Review AR aging and clean up unapplied payments and memos
* Process daily invoices and payment receipts
* Assist in managing monthly customer statements
Your Current Super-Skills
* Intermediate Excel knowledge
* Understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
* Attention to detail
* Self-motivated team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow
* Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems and tenacity to drive issues until resolved
Your Superhero Profile
You have the ability and interest in working part time (30 hours/week at maximum) onsite in our office. You are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree, and are successfully maintaining an above average GPA, preferably 3.0 or higher. This internship is scheduled to begin immediately and end on approximately August 30, 2019.
Launch your #LifeAtPFPT
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. Our summer interns are highly valued, and we strive to ensure all interns are provided with a meaningful work experience, as well as projects that are relevant to our interns' interests. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Description:Team member in the Revenue Accounting will support daily revenue accounting activities such as project id set up, responding to internal customer requests, monthly close and ASC 606 technical accounting tasks as needed. Duties may include but not limited to the following:
* Perform company accounting operations and determine revenues.
* Work with financial planning, analysis and reporting to facilitate monthly revenue forecasts.
* Generate monthly revenue reports for internal customers.
* Prepare monthly revenue analyses and calculations.
* Assist with responding to financial and governmental audit requests and implementation of audit recommendations.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
* CPA candidate or Licensee
* Strong understanding of revenue accounting rules under ASC 605 and ASC 606
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Flexibility to work under time constraints and deadlines
* Must be detail oriented and organized
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment
* Proficient in advanced MS Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
* Ability to work effectively with various departments
* Working knowledge SAP
* Revenue accounting for SaaS revenue recognition and understanding of multi-element arrangements a plus
* Ability to obtain security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experienced ProfessionalLockheed MartinSunnyvaleCA
VIEW JOBS11/28/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-26T00:00Job Description Job ID: CEP002487
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we've taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Establishes and maintains the general accounting reporting and practices for the organization. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and/or review necessary journal entries for properly stated ledgers and financial statements in accordance with regulations (e.g., GAAP) and company policy. May perform bookkeeping or account management duties. Includes accounts payable, cost accounting, cash management and Controllers responsible for only accounting.
* Bachelor's degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience OR
* Master's degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience OR
* Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.