GIS Technical Support Specialist (Must Have DOJ Badge)
Concept Solutions, LLC
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Founded in 1999, Concept Solutions, LLC, headquartered in Northern Virginia, is a management and technology consulting company committed to providing strategic solutions enabling organizations to operate more efficiently. Concept Solutions collaborates with clients to plan, design, and develop effective business processes and information systems that save money, improve performance, increase productivity, and provide critical information for strategic decision-making. We create and support Mission-Critical solutions that keep our country safe, in the areas of Aerospace, Law Enforcement, Finance, and Weather. We are experts in delivering innovative solutions through information technology, engineering, and management.
As a small business, Concept Solutions has a large footprint- every person who flies domestically connects with us and may not know it! We are proud of our footprint in support of IT programs and systems at the DOJ. Concept Solutions is seeking a GIS Technical Support Specialist in Washington, DC. This candidate works closely with GIS user community to determine end user requirements and specifications for end user requests, including the ability to obtain Civil Rights case- specific data from multiple resources and develops practical and workable solutions to clients technical and business problems. Analyzes requirements and potential solutions for technical and economic feasibility. Competent to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently. Coordinates activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical and/or business issues and ensures the successful delivery of the project requirements. May be required to act as a technical supervisor.
- Apply knowledge of GIS concepts and computer graphics fundamentals.
- Produce GIS maps and report deliverables.
- Provide GIS support using an appropriate combination of GIS software and products (i.e. ESRIs ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, Network Analyst, ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS Online) and demographic data (i.e. Census TIGER data, Census PL94-171 data and American Community Survey/ACS data).
- Process, geocode and analyze large address databases as well as determine optimum routing schemas using ESRI ArcGIS Pro and ESRI Network Analyst software.
- Provide GIS technical support to IT staff as required by assisting with evaluating, testing, implementing, maintaining and documenting efforts of GIS-related mapping software, services, systems, applications, data and hardware products.
- Assist customers and staff on GIS related software or products as needed.
- Assist with outreach efforts to customers via presentations, video clips, trainings or other such mechanisms.
- Respond to and follow-up on internal and external customer support problems.
- Work independently on multiple phases of complex GIS projects, including assuming
- case related mapping tasks from other staff members when necessary.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical computer users, both orally and in writing.
- Participate in the weekly updating and maintaining of an online GIS Task Tracking system as well as regularly scheduled GIS group meetings
- A bachelors degree in a related field and a minimum of 3+ years of experience working in and with GIS/WIMS related systems or 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working with utilities, project management, and/or contractor fields is required.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting process evaluation and identifying and implementing GIS based solutions with measurable improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to produce sound data-based documents containing operational information and the associated narrative.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects with competing timelines.
- Must have current DOJ badge.
Concept Solutions offers a competitive benefits and salary package you would receive from a large company. We offer health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as a comprehensive 401(k) plan with matching and immediate vesting.
At the Reston office, there is a basketball and volleyball court, fitness center and a "chill out" room with a pool table, diner counter, and big screen TV. We support our employees in their professional development, we enjoy paid federal holidays, and we ensure strong communication within our company to bring us closer together as OneConcept.