Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
GIS Analyst/Programmer (Mosaik)
Memphis , TN 37501
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, has acquired Mosaik, a pioneer in wireless network intelligence and mapping solutions. The combination of Ookla and Mosaik opens up exciting new data and visualization capabilities that enhance the product offerings to enterprise clients of both organizations and further strengthens Ooklas position as the global leader in both fixed and mobile network analysis.
We are hiring a GIS Programmer that will be out of our Memphis, TN office and reporting to our Director of Geospatial Services. We are looking for a mid-level GIS analyst/programmer that will assist with the maintenance and expansion of the Mosaik product and service catalog. This position will specifically assist the company with the maintenance of our spatial data stores, spatial data processing, and analytical functions. This will include development of custom tooling to meet specific recurring tasks, and the maintenance of existing custom tools already in use.
- Design, program, or model Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or procedures.
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
- Work directly with clients to discuss topics such as technical specifications, customized solutions, or operational problems
- Exercise a working knowledge of telecommunication technologies (mobile, cable, WiFi, etc.) and how technologies are deployed and connected
- Bachelor's degree in Geography or Computer Science from four-year university or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 2 years additional computer/GIS programming experience
- Proven ability to create scripts and programs using Python, Ruby, and C#
- Experience with one or more of the following programs:
- Manifold GIS
- Pitney Bowes MapInfo
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL and Post GISProficient with GDAL/OGR
- Ability to compose complex queries using SQL
- Create and use pgSQL stored procedures and triggers
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools, and provide excellent workplace flexibility for telecommuting, etc.