Dallas , Texas 75063
Posted 7 months ago
Geotechnical Engineer-Dallas, TXIf you have the necessary experience, have shown stability with past employers, have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities, let EJS Group guide you through a highly competitive marketplace. EJS Group will provide you withinsightinto our client's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities. Apply today and allow us to present you to our client for maximum exposure.Overview:National engineering, architectural and materials science firm that employs extraordinary people at all organizational levels, is seeking licensed candidates for a senior level Geotechnical/Geological Engineer position.
Leading forensic investigations and the repair of soils-related problems, this role will requires a mastery of first principles of geotechnical engineering (e.g. ability to visualize and describe the behavior of simple and complex soil conditions.) You will work alongside our structural engineering staff and our local geotechnical sub consultants in solving these complex problems.Qualifications:
- Masters degree in geotechnical engineering and/or geological studies with demonstrated academic achievement; related research/work experience is beneficial
- Licensed professional engineer or geologist
- Project Management, client and team management experience and staff mentorship required
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and fluency in one or more geotechnical analysis computer programs, preferably LPile, SLIDE, MATLAB and Mathcad
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside the local area, depending on workload and project locations
- Builds new and existing client relationships
- Acts as the primary client contact for projects, responsible for client satisfaction and all project deliverables
- Holds leadership roles in professional organizations, authors papers, attends conferences, and performs work on technical committees
- Researches and develops sound technical solutions to address geotechnical/geological concerns
- Develops scopes of service and prepares proposals
- Assembles and manages project team, schedule, and budget
- Mentors junior staff
- Prepares bid documents, drawings/specifications, addenda, change orders, investigation reports, and other work product
- Conducts on-site inspection/investigation including survey and documentation of distress, field testing, sampling, logging, supervision of laboratory testing, photographing, and sketching
- Analyzes research and investigation data and develops alternate schemes for solving problems
- Invoices client and follows up on outstanding accounts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, telephones, voice mail systems, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
- Ability to perform observations of soil sampling and exploratory test pits
- Ability to take measurements of piezometers, inclinometers, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read geotechnical reports, geological maps, construction drawings, printed materials and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work in excavations and at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Skills,Preferred:Business DevelopmentAdvancedProblem SolvingAdvancedInterpersonal SkillsAdvancedEffective CommunicationAdvanced
Considered a thought leader on a subjectTeam Player:
Works well as a member of a groupEnthusiastic:
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interestDetail Oriented:
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done wellLoyal:
Shows firm and constant support to a causeLeader:
Inspires teammates to follow themDedicated:
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasksEntrepreneurial Spirit:
Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the businessAbility to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organizationSelf-Starter:
Inspired to perform without outside help
Masters or better in Geology.
Masters or better in Geotechnical Engineering.
Licenses & Certifications,Preferred:
Professional EngineerEqual Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).Will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.