Fort Bliss , Texas 79916
Technica LLC seeks to fill the position of Ground Support Worker (Generator Mechanic) at Ft. Bliss, TX.
- Perform Technical Inspections (TIs), verification inspections, preventive maintenance/repairs on various powergeneration equipment, tactical utility, precise power-generation sets, internal combustion engines, andassociated equipment up through 200KW; to include tactical wheeled vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, overhaul, rebuild or repair starters, alternators, generators, fuel injectors, voltage regulators,switches, control circuits, etc.
- Inspect and repair, portable heater fuel and electrical systems.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solvedsolely by referencing manufacturers manuals or similar documents.
- Uses complex electronic test instruments, computer based diagnostic equipment and load banks. Performs otherduties assigned by the Supervisor or Lead.
- Must possess the following skills: Generator and power plant operations, electrical generation and distribution,diesel generator operation, disassembly, inspection and maintenance, principles of electrical and electroniccircuitry
- Must be able to read electric schematic drawings and interpret its symbols that represent real-world objects.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret US Army and/or Commercial Technical Manuals with relation toequipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have the ability to verify serviceability of equipment, determine the economic reparability of the item anddetermine the extent of maintenance effort and repair parts required to restore the item to the prescribedserviceable condition.
- Must be able to obtain NACI.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 70 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
- Able to climb in and out of military/civilian vehicles and related equipment.
- Able to stand for at least two continuous hours.
- Able to work in cramped areas for at least two continuous hours.
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions to include intense heat, heavy wind, blowing sand, heavy rain, andsnow and sleet.
- Able to function with a basic level of English oral and written language skills.
Click the link to apply: http://technica201.catsone.com/careers/index.php?=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=10461403&portalID=11367Technica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace and is committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.Benefits
Technica offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This position description is subject to change at any time. Only persons submitting applications through Technicas on-line application process will be considered for employment.