The General Manager of Lender Services by Lendio will be responsible for the daily operations and execution of the strategy for its products and services, including how it fits into the broader strategy of Lendio. In many ways, your job will be very similar to that of a CEO of a funded, fast-growing startup. Some of the main responsibilities of the GM include but are not limited to:
Description of Duties
- Help set strategy and lead the vision of our Lender Services vertical, which currently envisions:
- Sales as a service
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Dynamic Digital Application technology
- Monetization of declined borrower applicants via Lendios marketplace
- SBA 7a business-in-a-box
- Build and oversee operations of this emerging business unit including:
- Work with existing partners (internal and external) to develop/define the line structure of our Lender Services product offering
- Develop our go-to-market (GTM) playbook
- Hiring & development of key roles
- Creating sales & biz dev team structures and processes (inside & field)
- Work closely with the Lendio leadership team and external Board to identify opportunities, pinpoint obstacles, set long-term goals, assess growth and sales performance, and devise ways to pivot when needed.
- Own Lendios Lender Services P&L and drive value through strategic investments, partnerships, operating leadership, resource allocation, and go-to-market strategy.
- In charge of meeting our product development lifecycle milestones and executing our go-to-market strategy.
- Lead/manage a cross-functional team to include engineering/R&D, analytics, implementation and operations management, product management, business development, IT, and finance/contracts.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field,
- MBA preferred
- 5 to 10+ years FinTech, banking, and/or financial services experience, along with a proven record of building a network of partners and relationships in the industry.
- 8+ years of Product, Sales, or Business Management experience of high scale services with proven results driving revenue, engagement, and customer delight in Enterprise and Consumer environments
- 8+ years in a leadership role and proven experience managing teams with direct and in-direct reports
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a results-driven SaaS sales, account management, consulting, or business development role, with strong preference for a management consulting background
- Success influencing and leading a global engineering team as well as partnering with senior leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth
- Experience in Fintech or other financial services targeting small to large Financial Institutions is a plus
- You must understand how businesses operate & grow
You know exactly what core competencies and systems a business needs in order to thrive. You know how to set them up, as well as how to monitor and maintain them over the long term. You understand that while startups tend to be fluid and fast-paced, there needs to be sufficient structure to avoid chaos.
- You must know how to assess & anticipate market needs
Youre the type of manager whos always thinking & planning not just one, but two steps ahead. You know how to analyze new markets, recognize competitive threats, and capitalize on emerging trends. More importantly, you know how to direct your team based on what you find out.
- You must know how to manage and lead a diverse & growing team
You know how to balance competing priorities and concerns from different specializations, including development, design, marketing, QA, and customer success. Moreover, you know how to distill those concerns and keep them in line with a larger business strategy and roadmap.
- You must be tenacious, but not blind or bullheaded
When you hit a wall, youre the type of person who will figure how to climb it, break through it, or dig under it to get to where you need to be. At the same time, you have the common sense to recognize when a given action or roadmap needs to be adjusted to meet goals more effectively.
- You must know how to launch & scale SaaS subscription products
Were looking for a seasoned leader who has launched a new company, product, or business unit. Were looking for someone who can work in a lean entrepreneurial environment and knows how to handle the ups and downs of the SaaS product lifecycle.
Competitive pay & bonus structure
- A full suite of traditional benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company-match and immediate vesting
- Company-contributed HSA
- Wellness program
And the best reason to work at Lendio is our culture! Check us out on @LendioLife