General Manager - Los Angeles
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a leader at Wonderschool, as a GM, you will be responsible for the growth of new Wonderschools. This position requires someone who is results and growth driven.
The right person for this role has experience with implementing effective sales and marketing tactics, has extensive local knowledge on the needs of the community, and can effectively build a local team to execute on the needs at Wonderschool.
Local marketing, local teacher sales, supply chain management, child care quality oversight, social media, PR - all of these sit under the GM's umbrella of responsibilities. If Wonderschool does not have a location in the area, your job will be to launch the area.
This is a full time job based in your respective city. You will report to the Head of Operations.
- Relentlessly assessing the market and operations, and improving how Wonderschool delivers value to both parents and school directors
- Owning the vision and execution of strategy in the region
- Driving growth, and ensuring quality and retention on both sides of the marketplace
- Optimizing the effective allocation of resources, and working cross-functionally with sales, onboarding, and enrollment to achieve agreed performance targets for the region
- Identifying opportunities and gaps in the market, and working with departments such as marketing, operations, and product to design, implement, and test initiatives to improve regional performance
- Intimately understand the needs and goals of Bay Area directors, including but not exclusively, through visiting schools, events, and building direct relationships with directors
- Hire, lead, and manage a high-performing Bay Area operations team
- Be an internal and external champion of Bay Area directors and parents; serve as communication bridge between stakeholders
- Serve as Wonderschool ambassador in the Bay Area, including at recruiting events, conferences, and other events
- Bachelor degree, MBA a plus
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct and to adapt to changing context an deadlines
- A qualitative and quantitative problem solver; ability to quickly and deeply assess a market, and use data to make business decisions
- A proven track record of delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations
- Ability to set high-level vision and strategy, while also eager to roll up your sleeves and get deep into the details
- A passion for early childhood education, and delivering a world-class experience for both parents and directors
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, which could include investment banking, investing, consulting, or operations at a start-up
- Proven excellence at prior companies
- Proven leadership experience in college or at previous companies
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and experience managing diverse stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Education experience (e.g., Teach for America)
- Startup experience
- Experience with organizations with social mission
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company.