New York , NY 11251
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Brut is a leading global video publisher. Were a young, independent and multilingual digital media company producing compelling journalism in new formats. After becoming the most-watched news publisher on social media in Europe and South Asia, were now quickly growing in the US market.
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee business operations at Brut America. This person, who will report to the VP North America, will be expected to develop strategy, bring in new business that aligns with the values of the company, and lead a growing team.
This is a position based in New York.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute a strong business development strategy and tactics for Brut America
- Research and identify growth opportunities
- Test and launch new products and services to grow the companys revenue
- Scale successful offerings quickly and efficiently taking all stakeholders into account
- Initiate meetings with key prospects to develop business
- Maintain relationships with clients to ensure project success
- Head day to day business operations
- Build and lead a team with clear goals, effective communication and hands-on training
- Effectively evaluate the teams performance
- Oversee and implement a full sales cycle, including market research, needs analysis, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell
- Establish and achieve sales goals, metrics, and milestones
- Empower the team to succeed
- 10+ years experience establishing and running successful businesses in the US
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to troubleshoot and think out of the box
- Experience developing revenue models and growing a media business from scratch
- Well-developed network of brands and clients in the US market
- Ability to motivate staff and lead teams effectively
- Startup experience a big plus
- Calm under pressure and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Process oriented to successfully oversee monetized projects from start to finish
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Passionate about the news business
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a generous benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, paid vacation/personal/sick/company holidays, FSA, commuter discounts, and an engaging and rewarding work environment.
Brut Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.