Austin , TX 78702
Posted 3 weeks ago
We're looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world - if that's you - apply now.
Newchip is a virtual startup accelerator that provides world-changing early-stage companies with the software tools, training, mentorship, and the investor network necessary to successfully raise capital, build, and scale their businesses to eventual exit. We're in 100+ countries and have a portfolio of over 2,000 startups that have raised $1B+ in funding since our launch in 2019.
Do you love Shark Tank? Imagine every day being like an episode but on a global scale, that's what we do. We recruit top startups and we launch virtual cohorts each month from our HQ in Austin, TX, with a goal of coaching each to a point of invest-ability. We then invest in our top program graduates alongside our 3,000+ investor network and work with them until exit.
-We're a veteran founder team with decades of experience, acquisitions and exits under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team that meets both our core values and can add their skillset to our melting pot of diversity.
-We're only recruiting entrepreneurial and driven individuals who are in it for the long haul to reach an IPO and that want to truly assist startups to drive results that create investment returns to our investors and investor partner network.
-If you're looking to make a difference in the world and learn in 1 year what most learn in 5, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and potential to make that dream a reality - if you're here looking for a 9-5, our company isn't for you.
Apply today to join the 100+ employees in our HQ in Austin, Texas, or join one of our remote teams around the globe!
We are looking for a specialized corporate attorney to serve as an in-house counsel and handle all complex legal matters and projects across our portfolio of companies to include our investment portfolio. You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise our company on legal rights, responsibilities, and duties.
This role will include management of our many law firms and you will be required to bring in and manage specialist attorney/law firms as needed to handle specific projects outside of your experience.
This role will be the backbone of our business both ensuring that the company operates within the law at all times. You will be expected to offer counsel on legal issues and create an effective guardian of risk and facilitate business strategies development to grow the business.
The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure, while at the same time enabling the executives of the company to grow the business and its portfolio. Given ASTRALABS has a $500M+ portfolio there will be significant work with our other investments and their counsels, you will need to be assertive and a good negotiator.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Draft agreements that minimize risks, maximize legal rights, and overall firm ROI
- Deal with external parties (regulators, investors, portfolio, external counsel, clients)
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to executive management and founders
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate legal risks
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Keep abreast of legislative changes in our industry and environment
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings
- Minimum of 5 years experience in corporate law legal practice if in firm/OR 3 years of in-house general counsel experience at tech startups
- Minimum 2 years experience in corporate law working directly with early to mid-stage tech startups
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- First class interpersonal, negotiations, and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to see around the corner
- J.D. degree or LLM
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered a major asset
- Proven background in corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, intellectual property rights, licensing)
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc)
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Current license to practice law in any U.S. State (Texas preferred*)
- Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas
- Industry leader in compensation packages including base plus performance incentives, equity, and company stock.
- Fully covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances; plus a 401k program.
- Join an active culture and become a pillar in the startup community with weekly team outings and community events.
- Access to all of our accelerator certificate programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $1M+).
- Active culture with a gym at HQ with bouldering, weight gym, classes, yoga, steam-rooms, and showers on-site.
- Unlimited PTO policy, Holidays, Sick Days, and Election Day off.
- Hybrid roles receive up to 60 days of remote work allotment per year at the discretion of your leadership team.
- ClassPass membership gives you worldwide access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons, and spas.
- Weekly catered lunch on Fridays, as well as unlimited snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe.