Garden Center Nursery Associate - Part Time (Req 8455)
Southern States Cooperative
Charlottesville , Virginia 22901
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
Provides friendly and efficient customer service to Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) retail store patrons shopping in the plant nursery. Relies on knowledge and expertise to assist customers with plant selection and to properly care for and maintain healthy plant material. Provides recommendations for additional products, services and/ or equipment to meet overall project needs. Maintains plant nursery to ensure effective merchandising and a safe and welcoming shopping environment.
What you need to succeed:
- Maintain the health and overall appearance plant material to minimize inventory loss and damage. Perform deadheading, pruning, regular watering, movement and rotation of plants in optimum sun/shade locations. Communicate regularly with facility leadership regarding issues of plant health including markdown
- Accept delivery of plants to the Verify plants to shipment documents and inspect plants for damage. Unload plants by hand using proper lifting techniques and/or equipment. Request assistance from team members as necessary when unloading large shrubs and trees.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous sales experience helpful.
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.