Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Diego , CA 92131
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We're Lawn Love, a new type of lawn care service. We bring software and data (truckloads of data!) to the sprawling, low-tech lawn care market. Were hiring experienced full-stack engineers to help us reinvent this $83B/year industry.
Our platform connects hundreds of thousands of lawn-havers with independent gardeners all across the country. Were currently operating in 120+ cities across 41 states, and are growing quickly.
- Turn ideas into finished products, for both internal and external use. Front-end? Back-end? Youre all-in.
- Own those new products! As an early hire, youre helping define our engineering culture and will work directly with your peers to tune the engineering machine.
- Future-proof your new code with unit and acceptance tests.
Our stack + engineering culture
- PHP backend.
- React Native phone apps.
- Running in AWS, using OpsWorks/Chef for one-click deployments straight from Github and Travis.CI for automated tests.
- Deep integrations with Twilio, Sendgrid, and Customer.io.
- Using agile best practices in Jira to manage the pipeline of new projects.
- Huge fans of continuous integration, one-idea-per-commit, and feature flag philosophies.
Why modernize lawn care?
Lawn Love solves problems for both lawn care consumers (anyone with grass, shrubs, or xeriscaping) and the pros doing the work. We've brought a suite of 21st century services to lawn care, including: Online quoting, scheduling, and payments; quantitative analyses to ensure consumers get a great lawn pro, every time; and job routing and clustering algorithms that increase pros' route density.
- We're both well-funded and profitable. We launched out of YCombinator in 2014, and have some of the sharpest investors out there.
- Looking for personal development? Our growth has been explosive, with each month bringing new challenges as we scale.
- We're here to work hard, have fun, and make history. Our goal is to build the largest high-tech lawn service on the planet.
- You can catch a glimpse of the Lawn Love life in a Snappr profile
- You have at least a few years of real-world experience building and maintaining software
- You arent afraid of SQL queries
- You value results over perfection!
- You tolerate a good #dadjoke
- You live in (or want to move to!) beautiful San Diego. We value in-person collaboration and do not offer remote work.
- You are legally able to work in the US. (Sorry, we're not able to sponsor visas right now.)
Here's what you can expect from us:
- A front row seat to an amazing growth story.
- Great compensation and real ownership (both in terms of equity and over the product.)
- Full health coverage, open vacation, a fully stocked snack kitchen, catered Friday lunches, sponsored happy hours, etc.
- A $750/year personal learning budget, so you can stay on the edge of your skills.
- New gear, ergonomic workstations, and whatever else you need to be productive.
- Quarterly events, regular happy hours, and co-workers you just might actually want to spend time with.
- The opportunity to empower thousands of small business owners across the country, and give them the tools to thrive. We are direct defenders of the American Dream.
Come make history with us.