Arlington , VA 22201
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Write code that will contribute to the scale and improvement of our fundraising platform for causes and campaigns. Contribute to the product vision and roadmap, mentor junior developers, and uphold the values of WinRed as a senior member of our team.
Success in the first six months:
- Deep knowledge of the WinRed codebase, design patterns, and high-level implication of design decisions
- Comfortable releasing and deploying well-tested code into production
- Integral team member; WinRed is made better by your presence
Key activities to deliver this success:
- Assist in high-level design strategy and execution
- Introduce new technologies to help solve difficult problems
- Understand and communicate design patterns effectively to junior team members
- Support QA and Devops processes
You might work on:
- WinRed's custom-built storefront and merchandising program, and the APIs that support them
- The WinRed directory and portal to empower campaigns
- Internal support platform to improve customer success for high-touch products
- Proven dexterity with modern development technologies: You can translate a product vision into attractive, precise software for web and mobile, and are comfortable pivoting between languages and tools. You can demonstrate this with samples of well-crafted, thoughtful code. We work within the Rails ecosystem; the more work you can show us in its component technologies, the better
- Obsessed with learning and growing as a developer: You love to learn and explore new technologies and continue to hone your craft inside and outside the office. You can demonstrate this with a portfolio or sampling of varied websites, apps, or products youve built.
- Empathy for the user: You care deeply about the users experience with your product. You take pride in designing and building experiences that bring joy to the people who use them.
- Independence and maturity: You are comfortable working autonomously and are able to produce excellent work without supervision. People whove worked with know they can count on you to have their backs, contribute ideas, solve problems, and put your best foot forward even in difficult situations.
- Desire to lift up others: You are at a point in your career where you are excited to mentor and coach junior team members on development best practices (think: TDD, QA, Agile, etc.) You know that excellent leadership means helping others succeed and putting the team and the product before your own interests.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of building and implementing REST APIs
- 2+ years of building UIs with React, Redux, and other modern frameworks
- Experience accepting payments using Stripe
- Experience in test-driven development and QA
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Committed to going all-in on startup-based demands
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision - Paid employee premiums
- HSA Option for high deductible plans
- Free parking
- Pre-tax Commuter Savings Account
- Flexible leave
- Free, on-site gym
- Flexible hours
- Snacks, coffee, and other kitchen items!