Full Time Kennel Technician - Aiken Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Aiken , SC 29801
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full-Time Kennel Technician to join our rapidly growing small animal practice. Our brand new, 6,000 sq.ft. facility is well equipped with Idexx full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, Cornerstone software, and a complete surgery suite. We have a great support staff in place and our clinic has a very fast-paced and varied schedule. We are open Monday through Friday.
The Kennel Tech is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital.
A day in the life of a Kennel Technician:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend shifts
- Experience with Cornerstone software preferred
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Previous experience as a kennel technician preferred
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!