Full Stack Engineer
Washington , DC 20036
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Looking for a Full Stack Software Engineering role where you can write great code AND make a difference to the world? Access helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including websites, web applications, software, and hardware - so they are usable by people with disabilities. Level Access's flagship product offering, AMP (Accessibility Management Platform), is the industry standard for managing accessibility - and that's where YOU come in.
- 1+ years of experience with Express/Node.JS or similar
- 1+ years of experience with React or similar
- 1+ years of building single page applications based on RESTful APIs
Bonus Point Experiences
- Experience working in AWS
- MERN Experience
- Demonstrable experience using*
- Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket
- Jira & Confluence*
- Experience working in a "Product" organization rather than just contracting or working on in-house projects.
- Experience with accessible web design including Section 508 and WCAG
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and take ownership of features.
- Ability to look at the big picture: we're a collaborative small team and expect you to look at the big picture, and proactively anticipate problems, interact with other departments and clients, and come up with solutions.
- Write beautiful test-driven code. Of course. You are a software engineer and we value quality code backed by unit tests.
- Participate actively in Scrum. Work with Product Management and QA daily to flesh out stories and track your commitments.
- Improve accessibility. We work hard to deliver accessible solutions and enhance libraries we rely on for accessibility, too.
- Collaborate. We have internal and external clients with differing needs. We expect team members to reach out and build relationships inside the company to better understand our market.
- Learn. We expect team members to keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and industry trends so we can continue to be market leaders.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field is a positive, as is intensive job training programs or certifications.